2020 New Music

dentalplan

37 minutes ago, Homer said:

New rolling blackouts coastal fever album up on Spotify 

Only had a quick listen - but it basically sounds just like rolling blackouts (coastal fever)

Are you sure? Only thing I can see on mine is the album they released earlier this year

46 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Are you sure? Only thing I can see on mine is the album they released earlier this year

Ditto. Either We're missing something or Homer's running a bit behind.

@Homer while you're on Spotify check out "Get Lucky" by Daft Punk. Sound of the summer that.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Anyway, mad bantz aside...

New album from Magic Gang out today. Looking forward to this one, singles have taken a big change form the first album so be interesting to see if the whole thing's got the Style Council vibe.

Ha! 'Jimi Hendrix is dead?!' etc. No, just me being slow. Is it any good? I'll get it on now.

They're on tour next year too (in theory). Going to get a ticket today.

Edited by Homer

3 minutes ago, Homer said:

Ha! 'Jimi Hendrix is dead?!' etc. No, just me being slow. Is it any good? I'll get it on now.

They're on tour next year too (in theory). Going to get a ticket today.

Hendrix is dead?! :lol:

Yep already got myself a ticket for their Brighton show.  I'm just hopeful that it goes down better than their last one in Brighton.  No idea why as they were musically tight and engaging with the crowd, but no-one seemed to get it.  Really odd.

EDIT: ignore me. I was thinking RBCF.  But yeah, going to order myself a Magic Gang ticket as well.  Album sounds good so far; Think is an absolute belter of an opener. 

Edited by Quark

Just now, Quark said:

Hendrix is dead?! :lol:

Yep already got myself a ticket for their Brighton show.  I'm just hopeful that it goes down better than their last one in Brighton.  No idea why as they were musically tight and engaging with the crowd, but no-one seemed to get it.  Really odd.

I saw them last year at Nos Alive in Lisbon and thought they were really good. They were in a crap slot (about 6pm in a tent; I actually got the tram over to the festival and back to pop in to see them) but people seemed to be enjoying it. I liked the fact that pretty much every song has a section where they all got together with their heads down and wigged out a bit - they seemed like they were really into what they were doing.

Think I've confused myself a bit!

RBCF - new album is up there in my AOTY list without a doubt, and yep definitely sounds like them. Keep playing it. Great live but crowd didn't get it. Already got a ticket for April

Magic Gang - listening to new album now and really enjoying it so far.  They've really changed up their sound from the debut, kept the harmonies they're good at but added a Style Council soul feel to it. Also great live, although the enthusiastic crowd was mainly 18 year olds who think circle pits are appropriate for guitar indie. Getting a ticket for March.

I made it through 5 songs on that symphony metallica album which I think is pretty impressive. Dunno who's getting anything out of that frankly, I don't turn to Metallica for interesting arrangements and I don't look to classical music to hear James Hetfield urgh over the top of it. Guess it's not aimed at me.