2020 New Music

dentalplan

19 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

South East Corner gonna pop off when this gets dropped next year.... I don't really know what I was expecting with The Blessed Madonna on this track (honestly, I was just expecting the original beats with Madonna and Missy on it) but this is banging. I doubt its gonna storm the top 40 but I really like this version tbh.

Yes

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Orville Peck upped his already sky-high game today. What a champ.

I wasn’t a huge fan of his first album but I’m enjoying this much more, will need to go back to it and see if it’s grown on me. The cover of Smalltown Boy that he released recently is fantastic too, I’ve had that on repeat recently.

16 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Biffys new album is great. 

A lot better than I expected after them releasing Instant History as the first taster. Think it’s pretty damn overproduced which holds it back for me, but, Instant History aside, its the best collection of songs they’ve released in a long time. 

38 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

A lot better than I expected after them releasing Instant History as the first taster. Think it’s pretty damn overproduced which holds it back for me, but, Instant History aside, its the best collection of songs they’ve released in a long time. 

Yep, its a little too clean on some of the tracks but it really feels like they're really trying some new things. Instant History is a bad song, by it self, in the album how ever you look at it. 

Personally this is easily their best album since Puzzle 

New Keisza album has some great Jeppo-inspired bangers (tho the second half is pretty naff imo)

Didnt think much of the Sea Girls or Marsicans albums either personally, Vistas still hold the crown of the best british indie debut this year imo

Edited by Mattymooz