2020 New Music

dentalplan

18 hours ago, priest17 said:

Ties up this morning so haven't had a chance to get through it but top of my list today is Billy Nomates' debut album

Punk --

Nothing wrong with Punk.

Look at the state of play in 1977/8/9, at the height of Punk, you had Disco, Punk, Reggae and Prog. All in a war, of sorts.

All in their heyday.

However, this is the New Music Thread...

I present here, The Mighty Captain Accident... #PlayingField ... FROM THE MIGHTY Cardiff.

Quality, Fine, timeless, Reggae.

Edited by bamber

23 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Had never heard of Another Sky until this morning but that album is really fucking good, and my favourite of the releases I’ve listened to so far today. Really nice surprise.

Glad you like it! I've heard singles from them here and there for a few years but not followed them too closely, but think I'll have to check them out live following this album. 

Don't know how many folk fans we have in here but Kate Rusby is one of my favourite singers of all time and I have mentioned my penchant for covers. Next week she has an album of covers called Hand Me Downs which is all covers including Friday I'm In Love, Shake It Off and Manic Monday but I am beyond excited to find out the theme tune from The Littlest Hobo is on there!!

Edited by gigpusher
Removed link as it is no longer available.

37 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha-0NCTN-bE&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2xPZm59nUr5gKrcbTzntm5KB_-q-x9N6csjk9SJwRL3WGH6zk-alk7Wsk

Don't know how many folk fans we have in here but Kate Rusby is one of my favourite singers of all time and I have mentioned my penchant for covers. Next week she has an album of covers called Hand Me Downs which is all covers including Friday I'm In Love, Shake It Off and Manic Monday but I am beyond excited to find out the theme tune from The Littlest Hobo is on there!!

There's a voice, keeps on calling me....

Just now, deepkittycaz said:

There's a voice, keeps on calling me....

It was a huge theme tune for me around an office I used to work at where we had to hotdesk. Everytime I picked up my stuff I'd just sing "Maybe tomorrow, I’ll want to settle down,
Until tomorrow, I’ll just keep moving on."

• Like 1

On 8/6/2020 at 1:18 PM, Mouseboy11 said:

This from Touche Amore absolutely slaps, Stage Four was one of my favourite albums of the last decade so excited for what they do next.

I missed this post so linked the song myself a few days back. Already love this! Can't wait for the album.

26 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

savage

I think a lot of those criticisms are valid. I’ve listened to the album a few times now and I’m still not sure how I feel about it. I like Tokyo Drifting, It’s All So Incredibly Loud and Heat Waves but everything else varies between forgettable and bad. 

I don’t think the interludes help it. Other than Dreamland (which I’m not a fan of at all) I can’t really remember what any other songs sound like until Tokyo Drifting. Their first two albums are good without being great, I find both quite hit and miss, but this one is definitely much more miss sadly.

8 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I think a lot of those criticisms are valid. I’ve listened to the album a few times now and I’m still not sure how I feel about it. I like Tokyo Drifting, It’s All So Incredibly Loud and Heat Waves but everything else varies between forgettable and bad. 

I don’t think the interludes help it. Other than Dreamland (which I’m not a fan of at all) I can’t really remember what any other songs sound like until Tokyo Drifting. Their first two albums are good without being great, I find both quite hit and miss, but this one is definitely much more miss sadly.

Yeah this is pretty much where I’m at.

It’s just very forgettable. 

I like the first two albums, there’s some very good stand out tracks on there, but the new one just passes you by.