2020 New Music

dentalplan

New Glass Animals album is out and about for those who are too impatient to wait another 9 hours.

On first listen, it's a big meh for me. Wasn't overly keen on most of the singles (especially the last two) and the album tracks haven't done much to win me over. Found myself a bit bored at times, which is gutting as I absolutely love their first two records. Can't even think of a stand out track.

I'll give it another couple of listens throughout the weekend in the hope it clicks.

58 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

New Glass Animals album is out and about for those who are too impatient to wait another 9 hours.

On first listen, it's a big meh for me. Wasn't overly keen on most of the singles (especially the last two) and the album tracks haven't done much to win me over. Found myself a bit bored at times, which is gutting as I absolutely love their first two records. Can't even think of a stand out track.

I'll give it another couple of listens throughout the weekend in the hope it clicks.

Oh no, getting flashbacks to CHVRCHES third record

New Washed Out is nice enough but not exactly treading any new territory. Pretty good but kind of faded to background music towards the end.

Glass Animals is pretty good, although starts and ends really well and then a few songs in the middle kind of blurred together. Will give it a few more goes though. What’s instantly apparent though is that nothing slaps nearly as hard as Life Itself from the last album.

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Glass Animals is pretty good, although starts and ends really well and then a few songs in the middle kind of blurred together. Will give it a few more goes though. What’s instantly apparent though is that nothing slaps nearly as hard as Life Itself from the last album.

Yeah, on my second listen and I'm liking it a fair bit more than on first listen. Think your last point rings particularly true; their last album in particular was stacked with stand-out tracks, don't really think this album has much I'd want to go back and listen to away from the album.

1 hour ago, PolygonWindow said:

Hi all,

my band have released our debut today, link here - https://smarturl.it/ACauseInDistress

head over to FB to drop us a like if you’re digging it, let me know your thoughts! https://www.facebook.com/acauseindistress/

Hi @PolygonWindow thanks for sharing, I enjoyed that. Will give you a like on FB too but definitely keep us updated on here too!

1 hour ago, Diamond24 said:

I'm really enjoying the new Glass Animals and Another Sky albums today. Highly recommend.

Had never heard of Another Sky until this morning but that album is really fucking good, and my favourite of the releases I’ve listened to so far today. Really nice surprise.

Edited by FloorFiller
  • Upvote 1

Billy Nomates album is great, was thinking it had a Sleaford Mod energy then the boy himself popped up. Call In Sick is an anthem.

El Goodo also released an album today and it's great, goes well with the weather if you're into ya 60s psychedelia and a lovely Welsh harmony on a Friday afternoon

5 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Had never heard of Another Sky until this morning but that album is really fucking good, and my favourite of the releases I’ve listened to so far today. Really nice surprise.

They're an Amazing Radio favourite so have been awaiting this album for sometime. Top stuff. Had/ have tickets to see them in Oxford so hoping that it'll go ahead

6 hours ago, PDAD said:

The Microphones released their new album yesterday  one 44 minute song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7BkabF31ak

Damn he really got me with the first 8 minutes - thought he’d trolled us all and it was just gonna all be two chords being strummed over and over. It still is that, but the vocals coming in was a sigh of relief  😄 

I went in to this thinking it was gonna be a bit of a novelty thing but honestly the whole thing had me totally captivated, which is really something for a simplistic, near formless single 45 minute song. Really hope it gets put on to streaming at some point. 

edit: apparently he’s said it’s not going on streaming, which I suppose makes sense considering they pay by the song and so he’d make fuck all from it.

Edited by FloorFiller