2020 New Music

dentalplan

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

The first minute of this track is very similar to her usual stuff, good but not great. The next couple of minutes how ever are great, great production work.

Just put Fontaines DC album on, enjoying so far. 

Edited by chazwwe

5 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

The first minute of this track is very similar to her usual stuff, good but not great. The next couple of minutes how ever are great, great production work.

Just put Fontaines DC album on, enjoying so far. 

Yeah before the midway point I got a bit worried this was going to be a b-side to be shelved. Pleasant surprise when the beat changed!

14 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Heard yer da took the day off work to listen to the Fontaines DC album.

Flat caps at the ready. I am quite enjoying the album to be fair. 

On a similar note, I have gone off Idles slightly since I saw them described as being the “brewdog of bands”. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Flat caps at the ready. I am quite enjoying the album to be fair. 

On a similar note, I have gone off Idles slightly since I saw them described as being the “brewdog of bands”. 

I’ve never heard such an appropriate description of a band, although I like Idles much unlike Brewdog.

38 minutes ago, Quark said:

Got a couple on the radar for today alongside Fontaines. New one from Psychedelic Furs has had some good reviews, plus new Alanis Morissette.

Yep I put the Alanis one on after Fontaines but have been stuck on calls since so not actually been able to listen to it. 

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Lammo's just run down my street shouting 'Life is always empty' over and over again wearing nothing but a flatcap.

I'm calling bullshit.  Not convinced Lammo would be able to run without a leg snapping

37 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Sticking Creeper's new album on now

I know this isn’t to everybody’s taste, but as a former emo kid who still yearns for the days when MCR were releasing frequent albums, this really hits the spot. They sometimes wear their influences on their sleeves a little too much (Cyanide could’ve come straight from The Black Parade) but this is a great mid-00’s nostalgia boost of an album. 

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I know this isn’t to everybody’s taste, but as a former emo kid who still yearns for the days when MCR were releasing frequent albums, this really hits the spot. They sometimes wear their influences on their sleeves a little too much (Cyanide could’ve come straight from The Black Parade) but this is a great mid-00’s nostalgia boost of an album. 

Yeah likewise on this one. Creeper are campy and over the top but they've got some great tunes.

1 hour ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Richard Dawson’s other musical project Hen Ogledd are releasing their new album in September and have released the first single: “Trouble”. 

They describe it as “weird and wonky” pop music. It’s very cute and catchy.

https://open.spotify.com/track/2QnzGRI9D2jnKL65BBRz9S?si=NGK4JWymTy6RPq_e8vjhLg

I was trying to keep up with their lockdown releases but there was too much of it and I couldn't ahah. I liked what I heard though so looking forward to a proper album