2020 New Music

dentalplan

5 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

I love Corey Taylor but this might be the worst thing I've ever heard

Wow. So bad. What is he thinking?

I'm at the end of a week where, for reasons yet unclear to me, I have re-submerged myself in nu-metal to a level I haven't done since about 2004. I'm loving it, to be honest. But even despite my current giddy nostalgia over Corey and his ilk, fuck me this is terrible. 

1 hour ago, priest17 said:

That Corey Taylor song got so much worse when I worked out what CMFT stood for. It's a bit Toast of London.

CMFT? Dare I ask.. ?

20 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

CMFT? Dare I ask.. ?

Corey Mother Fucking Taylor, I believe 😐

There seems to be a bit of a nu metal revival thing going on in the rock world, and Slipknot were certainly at the better end of it back in the early 00’s, but this... this just ain’t it.

He also released this other song from his new album which is equally as shit but for different reasons. 

Wow. I wasn't expecting much from the comments on, but that Corey Taylor track is one massive hot mess.  Christ knows what the thinking was behind this one.

23 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

CMFT? Dare I ask.. ?

I'm gonna take a punt at Corey motherfucking Taylor.

Just now, Quark said:

I can't make up my mind if the Marilyn Manson track is worse or not.  It sounds like he's been listening to Killers and MCR and decided "yep, that's definitely where I should take my sound".

Every time Manson is about to release an album I stupidly get my hopes up that it may in some way harken back to his early days, and every time I’m left bitterly disappointed, but this new one is just unforgivably shite. Sounds like he’s aiming for the airways but it’s just the most flaccid lightweight poppy Bowie knockoff he could muster.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Every time Manson is about to release an album I stupidly get my hopes up that it may in some way harken back to his early days, and every time I’m left bitterly disappointed, but this new one is just unforgivably shite. Sounds like he’s aiming for the airways but it’s just the most flaccid lightweight poppy Bowie knockoff he could muster.

Bowie, that's the bit I couldn't place!

I remember borrowing the Antichrist album from a mate, had heard Beautiful People and a couple of other tracks, but that intro to Irresponsible Hate Anthem just blew me away.

Then.....Tainted Love. Oh very dear.

EDIT his version of Sweet Dreams remains one of my favourite covers of all time. Some great tracks on Portrait... too

Edited by Quark

26 minutes ago, Quark said:

I remember borrowing the Antichrist album from a mate, had heard Beautiful People and a couple of other tracks, but that intro to Irresponsible Hate Anthem just blew me away....

Ah yes, Antichrist is immense (as is Sweet Dreams). My 18 birthday at Download in 2003 seeing MM was (at that point) my most seminal musical moment. Shame he churned out such a crock out shit from there on out... I can't even bring myself to click on this video. 

@FloorFiller - aye, this has only become apparent to me this week. I had listened to that slipknot album last year, but had sort of forgotten about it. After getting stuck into a bit of old school Korn and Slipknot over the weekend I ended up doing some googling, I discovered that Korn are a) still releasing music and b) it's (apparently) a damn sight better than the garbage they released from 2004 onwards. This along with new rammstein, tool, slipknot etc etc is all very exciting. 

Still can't really bring myself to listen to any of it yet though. Not sure I can do it to that bit of me who is currently loving the resurgence of the old classics and may well end up just being crushed by disappointment 😕

Edited by Sasperella

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I thought The Pale Emperor was great, I really liked the change of direction from him. The less said about that new one the better..

11 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

I thought The Pale Emperor was great, I really liked the change of direction from him. The less said about that new one the better..

Yeah that was a pretty decent album actually and I thought he was gonna stick with that sound for a little longer.

I’m all for trying new stuff and not sticking with one sound for too long, and obviously he’s getting on so doesn’t have the 90’s youthful energy he once had, but god... that new song. Real ‘I don’t know what the fuck to do to stay relevant’ type stuff. 

I liked Dogrel but never quite jumped on the Fontaine’s DC hype train like a lot of others did, but I can safely say I’m a convert and then some after listening to their new album. Brilliant stuff. Only one listen in but it’s the couple of slowed down songs that are really sticking out to me initially. 

Edited by FloorFiller