2020 New Music

dentalplan

41 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Nice bit of music that, hopefully album soon. If they play 2021 that would be lovely. 

Can’t tell if you’re being serious or not but it’s not actually them 😄 

Saw somebody mention it on Reddit a couple of weeks ago but for some reason a load of crap dance tunes have been popping up on a bunch of indie artists streaming pages - not sure if it’s a hack or what.

13 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Can’t tell if you’re being serious or not but it’s not actually them 😄 

Saw somebody mention it on Reddit a couple of weeks ago but for some reason a load of crap dance tunes have been popping up on a bunch of indie artists streaming pages - not sure if it’s a hack or what.

Not being serious, it’s a crappy dance tune. I thought it was them though. Must be some hack. 

28 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It's funny how slipping a cover version into a studio album used to be some way normal, but nowadays it's a kinda jarring thought.

I usually hate cover versions included on albums but I kind of like the idea of an act performing one live so much to the point that it develops a life of its own and deserves a recorded version. I suppose a stand-alone release is always possible, but fuck it, I guess she likes it so much she wants it to reach a wider audience.

21 hours ago, bamber said:

Fair do-s

Not meant to be aggressive whatsoever.

I saddens me to know some of the music I post here does not mean that much to those who choose to listen to it.

Taste is whimsical, but should never, ever, be attacked. 

Your quote, in relation to someone posting a video, was:

”The Front Bottoms

Terrible name and derivative as fuck.

No redeeming qualities at all

Don't bother”

Now, I probably agree with you about the name, and possibly about them being derivative, but the last two lines come across as belittling and there’s too much musical snobbery on here at the moment. 

Edited by henry bear

https://www.inputmag.com/culture/spotify-is-letting-scammers-rip-artists-off-in-plain-sight

Article here about these shit songs being uploaded to indie artists streaming pages. Pretty interesting, and seems it’s a loophole in the system where people can upload songs under other artists names and Spotify etc will immediately just put it on the artists page, with indie artists being targeted due to them being too small fry to do much about it straight away, with the uploader racking up a bit of easy cash as the song remains up. 

18 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I usually hate cover versions included on albums but I kind of like the idea of an act performing one live so much to the point that it develops a life of its own and deserves a recorded version. I suppose a stand-alone release is always possible, but fuck it, I guess she likes it so much she wants it to reach a wider audience.

I've always had a slight obsession with covers. I love them. One of my favourite conversations to start at workplaces has always been best and worst covers. 

I adore when they get them right and really own them and Lianne La Havas has really done well with Weird Fishes and I am a huge Radiohead fan. 

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Liking the sound of this a lot. These snippets are doing a good job at getting me hyped about this new album - just a bummer that it’s inevitably been delayed now.

Had a release date been spoken about or not.

We thinking this year? 

29 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Had a release date been spoken about or not.

We thinking this year? 

Unfortunately no chance of that. Will said in an interview the other day that the virus put a stop to recording, and that the band’s spread between Canada, US and Australia is going to make it difficult to continue until things were back to normal.

So I’d be pretty sure these snippets of songs are essentially Win and Régine’s demos at the moment and it’s going to be a long time until we hear a finished single. ☹️

Edited by dentalplan

6 hours ago, gigpusher said:

I've always had a slight obsession with covers. I love them. One of my favourite conversations to start at workplaces has always been best and worst covers. 

I adore when they get them right and really own them and Lianne La Havas has really done well with Weird Fishes and I am a huge Radiohead fan. 

Love a cover too. Recently discovered the triple j like a version playlist on Spotify which is like an Aussie version of the UK live lounge. Some really good stuff on there

12 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Unfortunately no chance of that. Will said in an interview the other day that the virus put a stop to recording, and that the band’s spread between Canada, US and Australia is going to make it difficult to continue until things were back to normal.

So I’d be pretty sure these snippets of songs are essentially Win and Régine’s demos at the moment and it’s going to be a long time until we hear a finished single. ☹️

Bad joy. 

Still, it paves the way for a new album next year and a triumphant headline set in 2022....

19 hours ago, Baggins7 said:

Love a cover too. Recently discovered the triple j like a version playlist on Spotify which is like an Aussie version of the UK live lounge. Some really good stuff on there

Will have to see if that's available on Deezer.