2020 New Music

dentalplan

32 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The brothers Twigg have been quietly lining up a smash with this new album. Liking all songs so far very mucho.

I really tried to like the last album but realised I fucking hated it as I saw it live.

8 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Hadn't paid them much attention for a couple of year but enjoying this new tune from The Front Bottoms

The Front Bottoms

Terrible name and derivative as fuck.

No redeeming qualities at all

Don't bother.

:)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

4 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Isn't that Massive Attack EP coming today?

Don’t think there was a date given was there?

Lots of good stuff today: Margo Price, My Morning Jacket, The Beths, The Streets, Kacy Hill, and 100 gecs should be good for a laugh if nothing else.

Beths album is great. Production is a bit better than the first album so it all sounds a bit smoother, but not overdone. Harmonies and melody still really good, but a bit more variety to the songwriting to my ears.

Lovely stuff.

Whoever mentioned the Dream Wife album the other week - thank you! Really been enjoying that the last few days.

Also saw The Streets trending on Twitter so figured the album was a banger, then read the tweets... 😳 Anyone listened to it yet?

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Beths album is great. Production is a bit better than the first album so it all sounds a bit smoother, but not overdone. Harmonies and melody still really good, but a bit more variety to the songwriting to my ears.

Lovely stuff.

Yeah I really enjoyed it. 

The Streets album gets a thumbs up from me too, particularly the track with IDLES. That's straight into my TOTY so far playlist. 

1 hour ago, zeppelin said:

Whoever mentioned the Dream Wife album the other week - thank you! Really been enjoying that the last few days.

Also saw The Streets trending on Twitter so figured the album was a banger, then read the tweets... 😳 Anyone listened to it yet?

I've listened to it today, the track with idles is alright but otherwise quite samey and forgettable sadly I thought.