2020 New Music

dentalplan

Don't know why I've never bothered to check them out before despite their name often popping up, but this new Dream Wife album fucks. 

Other than the new Cloud Nothings album appearing at some point today there isn't too much I'm interested in, although I'm sure i'll be playing Sufjan's new 12 minute long single over and over so that counts as a big release for me. Incredibly stoked for that.

I watched Glastonbury footage all last week so playing catch up with these. The Haim one is quite different to normal and I am liking it. I've got Dream Wife and Nadine Shah queued next. Think I need a week of catching up on new stuff now. Expecting quite a few vinyl deliveries in the next few weeks as well! 

1 hour ago, Quark said:

New Dream Wife out today. 

Thanks for this - they seem to have completely passed me by, but I’m enjoying their new album. A lot. Going to give their previous work a listen now - their sound is very much up my street! 

43 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Don't know why I've never bothered to check them out before despite their name often popping up, but this new Dream Wife album fucks. 

I've not got the whole way through the new one yet but enjoy what I've heard. The first one is worth checking out too, I'd say it's a lot more jarring and angry in comparison but still accessible. 

On a very different note Bedroom by bdrmm is released today for all your Hull based shoegaze needs:

49 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah so good. Forgot it was coming out until I checked metacritic today, blown away by the first few songs, only heard Sports before but a really strong album.

1 hour ago, Tommy101 said:

Like that. Saw earlier in the week that their tour got rescheduled to spring which reminded me that I was going to pick up tickets. They are the first I've bought in a long time!

I'll have had my tickets for over a year by the time I see them ahah. The first reschedule meant they clashed with someone so hopefully this next round of date changes is clash free.

Yeah slim pickings today but that's alright coz we've been spoilt recently so there's plenty to get by on.

As well as the aforementioned Dream Wife I've got new EPs by Twin Peaks and Pozi on the list which I assume are gonna be fucking ace and recommend without having heard them yet.

Glad I ordered the signed Dream Wife vinyl that went down a treat. I've just put on a queue of a few recent releases today as busy at work still and have to say the Jessie Ware album has also been a pleasant surprise, next up Sault which I have heard great things about so I'm excited to hear that one. If I like it might buy it via Bandcamp today as they are waiving their fees again. 

3 hours ago, priest17 said:

Yeah slim pickings today but that's alright coz we've been spoilt recently so there's plenty to get by on.

As well as the aforementioned Dream Wife I've got new EPs by Twin Peaks and Pozi on the list which I assume are gonna be fucking ace and recommend without having heard them yet.

assumption correct. Twin Peaks can veer a bit too country for me these days but these 4 songs were great, they've come a long way over the years.

5 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Khruangbins newie is weak as piss. They can jam, but the album is a whole load of nothing. 

Not heard the new one yet but they're an act I struggle to really get excited about despite a lot of people constantly hyping them up. I can imagine they'd be great live at a festival with the sun beaming down and a joint hanging out my mouth, but on record it's all a bit shopping in Topshop background music.

4 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

I've not got the whole way through the new one yet but enjoy what I've heard. The first one is worth checking out too, I'd say it's a lot more jarring and angry in comparison but still accessible. 

On a very different note Bedroom by bdrmm is released today for all your Hull based shoegaze needs:

I'd seen these guys referenced on my twitter feed by another band I follow, might be label mates or something. Meant to check it out so thanks for the reminder.

Anyway, 3 songs in and I'm sold. Love this shit.

Edited by Quark

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

Khruangbins newie is weak as piss. They can jam, but the album is a whole load of nothing. 

Ah man I put this on the other night whilst doing some work and it was everything I wanted. 

Maybe I'll change my mind, but each to their own. 

That new Jessie Ware record is an absolute banger! What a dark horse. Certainly wasn't expecting the disco vibes. It felt like a Robyn record at times. One of my faves so far this year.

New Kanye track slaps as well. Dying to hear it in the context of a record. Hope he works some more with Dre and we get a decent LP asap.

27 minutes ago, jyoung said:

New Kanye track slaps as well. Dying to hear it in the context of a record. Hope he works some more with Dre and we get a decent LP asap.

As far as I know Dre is only working on the Jesus is King remix album, weirdly. Hopefully he gets on God’s Country as well though, otherwise what a waste!

21 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

As far as I know Dre is only working on the Jesus is King remix album, weirdly. Hopefully he gets on God’s Country as well though, otherwise what a waste!

Give the people what they want, maaaaaaan.