2020 New Music

dentalplan

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

No punchline - just a sad view in to what a lot of the younger generation (especially in the US) are in to these days. Guy is also an incredibly shitty person, with charges varying from videoing and partaking in a minor performing sexual acts, to attempted murder, to domestic violence etc etc, but he has funny hair and is meme worthy so seems to get a free pass by most people. Should be in jail right now (was released early and put on house arrest due to being high risk due to his asthma) and is instead scoring number one singles with Nicki Minaj. Baffling.

That is unbelievable, can't quite fathom it myself. 

New Fontaines album looking great.

I'm gonna be really early and suggest in a few years they'll have a big slot. 

Two five star albums (Q already have give the new one five stars), great songs. They are playing academies and if this goes well I can see them doing venues bigger than academies towards the end of 2021. 2022 do gigs like Castlefield Bowl and Sound in the city and I'm sure hype will get them even further to do sub slots at Leeds and 2023 have a high slot at Glastonbury and beyond.

3 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

New Fontaines album looking great.

I'm gonna be really early and suggest in a few years they'll have a big slot. 

Two five star albums (Q already have give the new one five stars), great songs. They are playing academies and if this goes well I can see them doing venues bigger than academies towards the end of 2021. 2022 do gigs like Castlefield Bowl and Sound in the city and I'm sure hype will get them even further to do sub slots at Leeds and 2023 have a high slot at Glastonbury and beyond.

I don't see them ever getting too big. Maybe mid main stage at Reading/Leeds/mid Other at Glastonbury at most before the hype fizzles out - they're never gonna be an act to bother the upper tier of the Pyramid or anything. 

On 6/22/2020 at 3:00 PM, Fish Bulb said:

Hadn't heard of these before but trying out the new album and the first song is 👌

Good find, giving this song a spin now and it's pretty damn good summer music.  Be giving the rest of the album a go