2020 New Music

dentalplan

HAIM's new record is absolutely ace. Probably my favourite new release this year. They've been putting out some top quality stuff over the past year, and they've got an album here where 3 of the previous singles, all absolute gems, are just "bonus tracks". 

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

HAIM's new record is absolutely ace. Probably my favourite new release this year. They've been putting out some top quality stuff over the past year, and they've got an album here where 3 of the previous singles, all absolute gems, are just "bonus tracks". 

It’s funny cause all of the reviews I’ve seen have either not realised or just chosen to ignore the fact that they’re bonus tracks and included them in the write up. I doubt I’ll ever listen to the album without them at the end so it’s an odd choice to have even called them ‘bonus tracks’ when they’re on every version of the album as far as I can tell.

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

It’s funny cause all of the reviews I’ve seen have either not realised or just chosen to ignore the fact that they’re bonus tracks and included them in the write up. I doubt I’ll ever listen to the album without them at the end so it’s an odd choice to have even called them ‘bonus tracks’ when they’re on every version of the album as far as I can tell.

It's a weird choice no doubt about it. Can only imagine they weren't just included nornally because they have a different style to the rest of the album, but why have them as bonus tracks on every version? Odd, but whatever. It's all great!

Edit: to be honest they're not even that different in style so really no idea 

Edited by jparx

15 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

That Keely Forsyth album is incredible. I didn’t really enjoy it at first but kept going back to it for some reason and now I absolutely love it! 

Yeah, it’s extraordinary. Her vocals, lyrics, the production, I find it mesmerising. Wonderful late night listening. Going to take some shifting for my AOTY.

Cheers for the tip BSR, Spotify or Deezer playlist options incoming

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5CwgESAhitVPNej2qzI0dQ

https://www.deezer.com/en/playlist/7826173342

Haven't looked through anyone's yet so will be interesting to see crossovers! Was hard work to bring it down to 25...

On 6/26/2020 at 10:31 PM, guypjfreak said:

If you want haven't yet listened to the new PEARL JAM... GIGATON album have a listen.. Even if you don't aren't a fan it's a fantastic album.. 

Cheers for the reminder, had that on my listening pile for ages and not got to it. Gave it a run yesterday, good album!

EDIT - just checked Swedge's list.  Are we including singles released in 2019 but from an album released in 2020? I'd excluded Home by Caribou as it came out last year, but if it's allowed I might have to rethink!

Edited by Quark

20 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Yeah, it’s extraordinary. Her vocals, lyrics, the production, I find it mesmerising. Wonderful late night listening. Going to take some shifting for my AOTY.

I tried the KF album but just can't get on with it. I have uneducated ears :D

I was really looking forward to Khruangbin. Based on Time I thought it was going to be an album that would make me want to dance. Was really disappointed when it turned out to be a very chilled album.

Will need to give it another listen now I've adjusted my expectations, but wasn't impressed on first listen.

Did really enjoy Haim album. And forgot about Pottery till someone else mentioned it. Really liked Texas drums so will need to check out the album.

3 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

I have just discovered "Tekashi 6ix9ine" I am completely stunned that this guy is popular and artists such as Nicki Minaj are combining with him, have they not seen his record? 

Is there a punchline I'm missing!? 

No punchline - just a sad view in to what a lot of the younger generation (especially in the US) are in to these days. Guy is also an incredibly shitty person, with charges varying from videoing and partaking in a minor performing sexual acts, to attempted murder, to domestic violence etc etc, but he has funny hair and is meme worthy so seems to get a free pass by most people. Should be in jail right now (was released early and put on house arrest due to being high risk due to his asthma) and is instead scoring number one singles with Nicki Minaj. Baffling.