2020 New Music

dentalplan

I like to recommend these german guys, sounds a lot like Nirvana too me. Love them. New album came out last week and I think they already have a British Booking Agent, so might do shows in the future in UK.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/5_opVl_DL8U

Older song, but smashing hit:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/MvMWTL3VKYY

Edited by mrholmes

On 6/23/2020 at 4:53 PM, Quark said:

Came across these guys through the Brighton Music Blog, gave it a listen this afternoon and album's pretty cool.  Main thing it reminds me of is Zero 7, bit of Massive Attack, that kind of stuff. Worth a listen.

Also meant to say @WS_Jack_III I've been giving that Bigfoot tune of yours a few spins, really like that pal

Thanks so much for listening and the kind words. I've got two more tracks on the way this year. Weird you mention Brighton music blog for that other tune, Bigfoot just featured on a Brighton blog/radio show!

3 hours ago, Schinfler said:

Received the new kruangbhin yesterday. Perfect album for this weather.

Me too - loving it so far (although it’s really making me wish I was sat on chilling on the farm right now).

And although not on the album - i still can’t get enough of ‘Texas Sun’, it’s certainly my song of 2020 so far and can’t see it being beaten.  

8 minutes ago, st dan said:

Me too - loving it so far (although it’s really making me wish I was sat on chilling on the farm right now).

And although not on the album - i still can’t get enough of ‘Texas Sun’, it’s certainly my song of 2020 so far and can’t see it being beaten.  

Dunno about SOTY but definitely +1 for Texas Sun.  Lovely stuff.

Very definitely not new, but I've gone back to the Tame Impala album from earlier this year, and it's 100% coming into its own now with this kind of weather.  It's still not the most exciting bit of work, but if you were a bit on the fence or underwhelmed I'd recommend giving it another listen while the sun's out like this.

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Very definitely not new, but I've gone back to the Tame Impala album from earlier this year, and it's 100% coming into its own now with this kind of weather.  It's still not the most exciting bit of work, but if you were a bit on the fence or underwhelmed I'd recommend giving it another listen while the sun's out like this.

Some vibe from me for the Cornershop album (although that was great in the cold and rain too).

On 6/22/2020 at 1:40 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Think they're a bit ill-served by the English lyrics. Combination of Bobby McFerrin and Let's Work by Mick Jagger.

I know what you mean Calgon.  Given it a few listens, and it does feel like it's taken some of that natural flow out of it. Decent, but hasn't got the usual punch.

2 hours ago, priest17 said:

n'other great day tomorrow, Khruangbin, HAIM, Nadine Shah (which I was sure was supposed to be out at the start of the month but w/e), IDK (and friends), Pottery and Bo Ningen. 

And Arca, Metrik, Fakear, Jessie Ware, 100 gecs.....

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

And Arca, Metrik, Fakear, Jessie Ware, 100 gecs.....

Christ not had a day this loaded since... 3 weeks ago! Good job I'm not busy anywhere I guess.

Had no idea 100 gecs were bringing anything new out, I'm still blasting that ringtone remix ery day.

1 hour ago, priest17 said:

Christ not had a day this loaded since... 3 weeks ago! Good job I'm not busy anywhere I guess.

Had no idea 100 gecs were bringing anything new out, I'm still blasting that ringtone remix ery day.

Its just the remix album of 1000 gecs, but I'm still pretty excited to hear that Fall out Boy collaboration...