2020 New Music

dentalplan

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Much to my chagrin I've never been able to get in to Dylan on a large scale (obviously like a lot of his songs but albums have never struck me as the masterpieces they supposedly are), but I really really liked Murder Most Foul, if only for the sprawling nostalgic storytelling, so gave his new album a go. It's pretty good, although not something I can see myself coming back to much/possibly at all. Seems to be getting overwhelming acclaim mind, so I'm no doubt in the minority there, even if I am a little skeptical that some of it isn't just critics getting carried away over the fact that this might be his swan song as is often the case with similar albums. I'm sure some hardcore fans will tell me very differently!

Neil Young album is good. Don't think I'd go as far as to say it's a lost classic, but it might reveal itself to be that after a few more listens.

Coriky album is ace. A part of me still foolishly hopes that Fugazi might briefly come out of their hiatus some point, but that's probably false hope so this is good enough to quell that thirst for now.

Got Teyana Taylor and Lamb of God (lol) left for today. Any other notable releases today?

Coriky album is great, had it on all week.

Nothing to add except I'll probably give the Black Eyed Peas one a go because I hate myself 🤷‍♂️

I'm still processing the start of the month to be honest, shoutout to OHMME and Westerman for patiently waiting their turn to be digested after initial listens upon release, great albums. Looking forward to mulling over the Dylan one before next weeks mass drop. Currently have Swedish music blasting curtesy of my Swedish flatmate. Big deal this midsummer shit apparently. 

4 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Loving the Phoebe Bridgers record btw, right up my street. 

Going to be repeated listens one I reckon for me. Some crackers and others passing me by at the moment.

would have certainly been near the front for the Glastonbury set

Edited by fred quimby

On 6/19/2020 at 2:14 PM, SwedgeAntilles said:

Loving the Phoebe Bridgers record btw, right up my street. 

Just listened it several times and The End Is Near it's just a masterpiece. Lovely album and I would be in front for that gig in The Park.

Edited by AlexOvd

42 minutes ago, Quark said:

Yumi Zouma have released 4 tracks previously unavailable outside Japanese versions of previous albums.  More dreamy synthy goodness for your ears. @circus92 @Mattymooz @lessthanwill1 think you guys were all fans of the new album?

On it now - thanks for the heads up 👍

Still loving that album - would never have found it if you hadn't recommended it

Edited by circus92

Came across these guys through the Brighton Music Blog, gave it a listen this afternoon and album's pretty cool.  Main thing it reminds me of is Zero 7, bit of Massive Attack, that kind of stuff. Worth a listen.

Also meant to say @WS_Jack_III I've been giving that Bigfoot tune of yours a few spins, really like that pal

• Like 1