2020 New Music

dentalplan

27 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

I've pre-ordered the Vinyl! 

If you're in the first 50, you get a free pink Speedy Wunderground sweater lol

I might have to do that ahah.

I have no idea where I'll be living at that point they'll let me change my address by then surely?

33 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Last track on Punisher is phenomenal! 

Sounds like something straight out of Illinois (Sufjan Stevens)! 

Yeah it’s a fantastic closer. definitely an early highlight for me. I always liked Stranger in the Alps but it took me a while to fully appreciate some songs and I suspect it’ll be the same with this album. 

10 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah it’s a fantastic closer. definitely an early highlight for me. I always liked Stranger in the Alps but it took me a while to fully appreciate some songs and I suspect it’ll be the same with this album. 

I was the same.

Chinese Satellite also stood out to me on first listen. 

1 hour ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Yep official date is tomorrow but it's already on Spotify - must have leaked early and she just decided to drop it early

It's on Deezer as well, whatever happened it's across platforms now!

7 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Not sure about elsewhere but the albums already up on Apple Music. 

Yeah, after I posted that I read it had been released a day early. It's also on Spotify. Had my first listen to it. Other than the singles the only track which stood out was the closing track, which was the best end to an album I've heard in ages. Curious to see how the other tracks grow on me as I get to know them. She has a  pretty unique style to writing lyrics.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, priest17 said:

Going to bed early so I can get me some of that new Dylan album sooner

Listening to it on 6 music, on uninterrupted since midnight , excellent but scares me, musicians writing what sounds like their own epitaph 

Love the new one from Dream Wife, that and Hasta La Vista both a softer sound to their usual in-your-face approach so could be a very nicely balanced album. Only just seen this is released in 2 weeks which is exciting, and booked tickets to their tour next April so something to look forward to.

Much to my chagrin I've never been able to get in to Dylan on a large scale (obviously like a lot of his songs but albums have never struck me as the masterpieces they supposedly are), but I really really liked Murder Most Foul, if only for the sprawling nostalgic storytelling, so gave his new album a go. It's pretty good, although not something I can see myself coming back to much/possibly at all. Seems to be getting overwhelming acclaim mind, so I'm no doubt in the minority there, even if I am a little skeptical that some of it isn't just critics getting carried away over the fact that this might be his swan song as is often the case with similar albums. I'm sure some hardcore fans will tell me very differently!

Neil Young album is good. Don't think I'd go as far as to say it's a lost classic, but it might reveal itself to be that after a few more listens.

Coriky album is ace. A part of me still foolishly hopes that Fugazi might briefly come out of their hiatus some point, but that's probably false hope so this is good enough to quell that thirst for now.

Got Teyana Taylor and Lamb of God (lol) left for today. Any other notable releases today?

46 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Aul' Bob can still write a lyric or two eh? 

Different lyrics pop out at you with every listen. 

Goodbye Jimmy Reed

Transparent woman in a transparent dress
Suits you well, I must confess
I'll break open your grapes, I'll suck out the juice
I need you like my head needs a noose

32 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Different lyrics pop out at you with every listen. 

Goodbye Jimmy Reed

Transparent woman in a transparent dress
Suits you well, I must confess
I'll break open your grapes, I'll suck out the juice
I need you like my head needs a noose

It's no Wiggle Wiggle though is it?