2020 New Music

dentalplan

3 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Ahah my comment was brought on by a clip of their set following their new song and I've never seen any of it, was convinced it was the greatest thing I've ever seen but I think you've probably got to the heart of why that came over me.

:D

Not at all.  Killers do a great line in big singalong songs, whether you're a massive fan of theirs or not. Bit like Coldplay in that respect.  Have no doubt that set would have been quality

New, well, reworked Wire album called 10:20 out tomorrow.

This a fantastic new version of Small Black Reptile, which, if it's representative of the album, bodes well.

Edited by Copperface

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

:D

Not at all.  Killers do a great line in big singalong songs, whether you're a massive fan of theirs or not. Bit like Coldplay in that respect.  Have no doubt that set would have been quality

yeah they've got the tunes, I dare say they'll be back in 10 years.

3 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Same.

Ranks as my 2nd worst clash decision. 

Missing Blur being the 1st.

To be fair I missed Blur in 09 as well. Next time there's a nasty clash, me and you should have a chat and if we agree on something both go for the other option.

7 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Same.

Ranks as my 2nd worst clash decision. 

Missing Blur being the 1st.

Still confused about this Killers-being-good thing. Their Werchter show in 2018 was disgustingly cheesy and cringeworthy. Easily one of the most disappointing headliner shows I've even seen. Maybe I just can't stand that Brandon guy. 

5 minutes ago, priest17 said:

To be fair I missed Blur in 09 as well. Next time there's a nasty clash, me and you should have a chat and if we agree on something both go for the other option.

Deal. 

I also missed Janelle Monae last year.

My headliner decisions were poor in 2019.

2 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Still confused about this Killers-being-good thing. Their Werchter show in 2018 was disgustingly cheesy and cringeworthy. Easily one of the most disappointing headliner shows I've even seen. Maybe I just can't stand that Brandon guy. 

Have you watched the G19 show on iPlayer? It really is amazing. 

20 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

I was at both the Rock Werchter 2018 and Glastonbury 2019 shows and the Glasto show was a million times better. One of my favourite ever gigs. 

6 minutes ago, Diamond24 said:

I was at both the Rock Werchter 2018 and Glastonbury 2019 shows and the Glasto show was a million times better. One of my favourite ever gigs. 

But did you even like that RW gig a bit? Maybe the guests at Glasto were the added factor. But that whole cheesy Las Vegas style show just doesn't do it for me. Too much American kitsch. 

Yeah I’m with dental here - I’m all for big daft Springsteen bangers and that song delivers. TWOD fella’s fingerprints are all over it to the point that it might as well not even be a Killers song, but I can get on board with The Killers going in this direction if they’re gonna do it so well and in the absence of either Springsteen or TWOD currently doing their thing.

+1 for that Killers track.  It's the noise I want in my ears at the moment.

Can't tell if Sam Fender's been influenced by Killers and I hadn't picked up on it, or if Brandon's seen the rise of Fender and decided to go that route.

Either way, its a big old thumbs up from me.

On 6/16/2020 at 1:25 PM, vintagelaureate said:

I think Frank Carter's is related purely to Blossom and it's 5 year anniversary - they requested any fan photos etc. of their original tour for that album. I read somewhere they've put together a short film... I'd love some new music though!

You're bang on. A pretty vinyl re-release and a streamed concert 18/07 of the album in full

Image may contain: text

I bought their last 'special' release that was meant to look like this:

It arrived looking like a dirty green with a black smudge

I only bought it because I wanted the album but it's definitely made me cautious about multicoloured pressings. 

I actually did contact the distributor to see if they'd replace it and apparently the whole run was pony, so it was a refund or nothing. If I got a refund it'd have been the label/band paying for it so held onto it. 

Edited by Tommy101

16 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

I bought their last 'special' release that was meant to look like this:

It arrived looking like a dirty green with a black smudge

I only bought it because I wanted the album but it's definitely made me cautious about multicoloured pressings. 

I actually did contact the distributor to see if they'd replace it and apparently the whole run was pony, so it was a refund or nothing. If I got a refund it'd have been the label/band paying for it so held onto it. 

I can't see the images but I can imagine. I genuinely can't remember what edition I own of End of Suffering but the colouring was okay. 

I just pre-ordered this as I want the live part. The paint by numbers one has already long gone! 

54 minutes ago, priest17 said:

New from Tiña, album Positive Mental Health Music out 6th of November. First album release from Speedy Wunderground which is pretty neat.

For anyone wondering, this is the right amount of strings to add to a song.

Seen that album popping up on Rough Trade's Twitter feed, will add it to the pile of stuff to listen to!

3 hours ago, priest17 said:

New from Tiña, album Positive Mental Health Music out 6th of November. First album release from Speedy Wunderground which is pretty neat.

For anyone wondering, this is the right amount of strings to add to a song.

I've pre-ordered the Vinyl! 

If you're in the first 50, you get a free pink Speedy Wunderground sweater lol