2020 New Music

dentalplan

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

May be the prompt I need to revisit Side A. Seem to recall it being a bit tepid.

I thought the same but I listened to it again yesterday and it was much better than I remembered. Still not on the same level as Emotion but a good listen nonetheless.

36 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

May be the prompt I need to revisit Side A. Seem to recall it being a bit tepid.

It's a grower for sure. I was pretty unimpressed when it was first released but after repeat listens I'd place it just a notch below Emotion. 

Crazy that she's just standardly releasing whole new albums of material as b-sides when she could've easily just gone and released it as a new proper album. Gonna whack this on right now.

edit: Stay Away absolutely slaps

Edited by FloorFiller

16 hours ago, zero000 said:

First thoughts on two listens through are it's pretty decent, but not up there with Emotion, Dedicated or Emotion side B. Having said that I echo @FloorFiller. Stay away fucking slaps.

Completely agree.  Big fan of Carly, but initial impressions are that it is pretty average and not quite up to the standards of her previous stuff.

I suppose they are B sides though ....

Edited by circus92

9 minutes ago, zero000 said:

New Gaga and Arianna Grande. Sounding like a bit of a return to form coming together:

Good shit. Didn’t think much of Stupid Love to begin with but it’s grown on me quite a bit, and this is a banger. Chromatica is sounding more promising than her last couple of albums judging by these singles - hopefully the rest can keep up the hype.

21 minutes ago, 19liam75 said:

for anyone listening to new 1975 today, the first half feels a bit slow but definitely does pick up around half way through and there are some great tracks on there.

Completely agree - second half definitely better than first half.  I wonder how many people will have given up by then though lol

Some great tunes on there, but quite a bit of filler.  Although with 22 tracks, there was bound to be

Contractually obliged to post new Levellers tracks on here as always. New single first up, like it until the ending:

Plus interview and other new song from the new album.  Love the stop motion interview they've put together. Old school storytelling song:

Another year, another 1975 album that just passes me by. I actually do want to like them and their music, but it has now become clear once and for all that it/they just do absolutely nothing for me either way. 

In a meal deal comparison, they would just be a plain ham sandwich, ready salted crisps and a bottle of water. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/15/2020 at 5:43 PM, lessthanwill1 said:

Loving Nothing at All and Some Dream from the new Perfume Genius album. Had really enjoyed the singles as well.

Think it will be a grower for sure!

Bit late to the party but really digging this album, never listened to the guy before

2 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Bit late to the party but really digging this album, never listened to the guy before

All his albums are top drawer. If you fancy checking out his other stuff then go backwards through his discography as his progression from album to album is quite something, but the last two are most similar to his newest. 

• Like 1

Anyone ever listened to Boniface?

Debut album came out earlier this year. Synthpop, kind of reminds me of killers and twenty one pilots in bits. Be good in the sun with a beer this one. Oh my God, Phantom Limbs and Your List are my highlights

MUS000626313-1_600_600.jpg