2020 New Music

dentalplan

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Poetry.

Third down the Pyramid would work as well aye.

It’s the best way to put it I think. I think I’d prefer third down pyramid so there’s less chance of her clashing with someone I want to see.

Just now, Matt42 said:

In what way was melodrama a flop? I need a full explanation as to why it flopped.

Didn't sell nearly as well as Pure Heroine, so guess that could be considered a flop, but also was one of the most critically acclaimed albums of the year/decade, so I think she'll do just fine.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Didn't sell nearly as well as Pure Heroine, so guess that could be considered a flop, but also was one of the most critically acclaimed albums of the year/decade, so I think she'll do just fine.

I see it more that Royals was a viral hit from an artist not really intended to be a chart topper. She’s not going to be a chart topping artist on the regular because she’s just not that kind of girl.

On 5/6/2020 at 2:04 PM, priest17 said:

Ist Ist's debut is great, although perhaps maybe a little heavy handed with some of their nods to other acts.

This song for instance goes from straight up Joy Division to straight up White Lies, who are effectively trying to be straight up Joy Division a lot of the time. I like it though. Album's worth a go.

Given the album a spin this morning, it's pretty good actually.  Know what you mean about the sounds, I'm getting a bit of Bauhaus in there as well.  There's a few points where it treads a very fine line on being parody, but I like it.  Good call.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I see it more that Royals was a viral hit from an artist not really intended to be a chart topper. She’s not going to be a chart topping artist on the regular because she’s just not that kind of girl.

You definitely didn’t see it that way until Melodrama flopped.

This album is shaping up to be real good. We've already had so much good Khruaungbin this year, maybe by the end of summer I'll be able to spell their bloody name without checking it 27 times (I always seem to have a tab open with one of their youtube videos up these days though to be fair)