2020 New Music

dentalplan

Very excited about new RTJ

Meanwhile Protest the Hero (band I bang on about all the time) have put out another new song from their album out 19th June and it is incredible. For fans of heavy rock, prog and basically anyone who plays guitar. The notes Rody (singer) hits towards the end of this are ridiculous

Woke up to my phone telling me Weezer's new album was our today, thought the delay might have been a hoax. 

But nope my phone hates me more than Weezer does apparently.

I've got Perfume Genius, Sparks, Sex Swing, The Magnetic Fields and Jerry Paper on my list.

Edit: dunno whether to fix that typo to say out or ours.

Edited by priest17

21 hours ago, priest17 said:

Liverpool must be feeling hard done by with the whole Premier League thing, but the real competition travesty is these guys not getting the chance to win Eurovision.

I think Russia might have had something to say about that...

How does everyone source their new music? I rely on Spotify for updating me on releases but I’ve soon discovered that it doesn’t actually show that much of what’s actually being released. Does anyone have a certain website they use for releases or different means of discovering new music? 

8 minutes ago, PaulKav said:

How does everyone source their new music? I rely on Spotify for updating me on releases but I’ve soon discovered that it doesn’t actually show that much of what’s actually being released. Does anyone have a certain website they use for releases or different means of discovering new music? 

This thread is a pretty good source 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, PaulKav said:

https://www.albumoftheyear.org/releases/this-week/

This link (and this thread) are all you need.  

17 minutes ago, Fish Bulb said:

I think Russia might have had something to say about that...

Ahah I hadn't seen that to be fair. Nothing on their early work though is it? I went through a phase of trying to push this as a Christmas song, I never convinced anyone though.

See also, SKIBIDI.

6 minutes ago, st dan said:

https://www.albumoftheyear.org/releases/this-week/

This link (and this thread) are all you need.  

I use this and clear most the top ones and pick ones recommended on here. Then Friday afternoon browse the lower levels based on band names and album cover. Its usually shite but you get the odd gem, nice set-up for the weekend (which always starts with the full 15 minutes of Babe, I'm On Fire).

3 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Ahah I hadn't seen that to be fair. Nothing on their early work though is it? I went through a phase of trying to push this as a Christmas song, I never convinced anyone though.

See also, SKIBIDI.

I don't know what I just watched, but I loved it.

Me and the gf are planning on dressing up as them from their Eurovision entry for the next Halloween party we go to (whenever that is)

1 minute ago, Fish Bulb said:

I don't know what I just watched, but I loved it.

Me and the gf are planning on dressing up as them from their Eurovision entry for the next Halloween party we go to (whenever that is)

You're at the start of a wormhole there ahah, the music video for Tommy Cash - Winaloto is *chefs kiss*. Was doing the rounds when it came out so you might have already seen that.

37 minutes ago, PaulKav said:

As other have said, this thread is my main source but I also check - https://www.reddit.com/r/indieheads?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

every Fri. Obviously only useful if that's the kinda thing you're into but it's ideal for me. Just look for anything tagged as FRESH.