2020 New Music

dentalplan

53 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Another new RBCF

Think I like this one better than She’s There, although not sure what I feel about the glossier production (especially on the vocals) on these new tracks. 

Still great songs, mind.

Hadn't spotted this coming out. Deezer is being rubbish at alerting me to new releases by my favourite artists...

Love it. I just love their sound.

Ist Ist's debut is great, although perhaps maybe a little heavy handed with some of their nods to other acts.

This song for instance goes from straight up Joy Division to straight up White Lies, who are effectively trying to be straight up Joy Division a lot of the time. I like it though. Album's worth a go.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, priest17 said:

Ist Ist's debut is great, although perhaps maybe a little heavy handed with some of their nods to other acts.

This song for instance goes from straight up Joy Division to straight up White Lies, who are effectively trying to be straight up Joy Division a lot of the time. I like it though. Album's worth a go.

Yep like this. Added their album to my 2020 playlist. Also spot on with your description

Hayley Williams album is v good. Just a shame she chose to release two thirds of it as pre-release singles/EPs before the album release as it really diluted the whole album experience. Wish I’d had the restraint to not listen to anything past the first couple of singles.

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Hayley Williams album is v good. Just a shame she chose to release two thirds of it as pre-release singles/EPs before the album release as it really diluted the whole album experience. Wish I’d had the restraint to not listen to anything past the first couple of singles.

I didn’t like the idea of so much being released before the album but in hindsight I love this approach. 

Instead of getting a bunch of new songs in one day we’ve had new songs spread over the course of a few months. I’ve really enjoyed being able to absorb each song and lyric.