2020 New Music

dentalplan

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Did you not like Martin? That’s a wonderful little tune imo. Not listening to this one yet because I’ve reached the three-track limit I try to keep on advance releases but glad it’s looking up after the last one.

I am wondering what’s going on with Will wearing that fucking gas mask though. I thought it was just for one press shot but it’s all of them and videos, and maybe soon live performances. Not into it.

Tbh I haven’t hated any of the new songs and have probably received them a bit better than some others, but that’s not to say I’m not disappointed in the overall direction, or more specifically execution, that the album seems to have taken. Usually I’d miss this fourth single out too but saw it getting some good reception so gave it a go.

Yeah the gas mask thing is weird. I kind of assumed it would be for the whole album run including live shows, but for a band who seemed incredibly no-gimmick up until now, it’s an incredibly big and seemingly forced gimmick that’s come out of absolutely nowhere and so far doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. 

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Did you not like Martin? That’s a wonderful little tune imo. Not listening to this one yet because I’ve reached the three-track limit I try to keep on advance releases but glad it’s looking up after the last one.

I am wondering what’s going on with Will wearing that fucking gas mask though. I thought it was just for one press shot but it’s all of them and videos, and maybe soon live performances. Not into it.

At least he’s not wearing his Furry suit

• Upvote 1

New Kali Uchis EP is exactly what i need on this lovely day (weather wise...) Only ten minutes long, so all the more reason to replay the hell out of it.

The majorly overlooked BC Camplight’s new album is another winner also. Enjoying that a lot.

New James Blake song is also pretty decent. 

Evanescence are also back with a new single so... that exists. 

No major releases of note this week to get excited about but got Hazel English and Other Lives lined up. Anything else to check out?

This appeared on YouTube yesterday. Saw them playing with Toy just before lockdown and they said they were about to go into the studio to record a few things but suspect that this live rehearsal vid is a ‘ticking over teaser’. There is absolutely nobody with a better ear for a hook than these guys.