2020 New Music

dentalplan

11 hours ago, priest17 said:

They could breath into the mic for 19 minutes and the gang would bum it.

Joe Talbot: ....

AF GANG: My goldfish recently died and this from Joe has really helped me get through it, so glad I found this group so I could share this with you all! 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

😄

Wonder if the lyrics were anything like this pre-corona or if they were completely (re)written with these times in mind.

Not bad, anyway. After all this time they still manage to crank out a decent tune every now and then, even if there is half a decade between each one. 

22 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Haven't been too into most of the singles from the new album but this is good.

I loved this. Interesting to hear him (amongst all the waffle) say that their next (next) album will be heading more towards the People sound as it was the song they've most recently written.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Never given EE much time but this is nice. Thought it was all building to something big and then kind of didn’t... but still good nonetheless.

The rest of their albums are a bit hit and miss (though mainly hit) but definitely worth giving Get to Heaven a listen if you haven't already, full of bangers.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Mother of God this fucking smacks!!!!

Was getting ready to tell you why you’re wrong, but aye this is really good - instantly one of my favourite things they’ve done.

Just had a look and seen that their new album is 22 songs and 81 minutes long. Gotta admire the balls on this lot, even if it is somewhat just a ploy for more streams. 

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Was getting ready to tell you why you’re wrong, but aye this is really good - instantly one of my favourite things they’ve done.

Just had a look and seen that their new album is 22 songs and 81 minutes long. Gotta admire the balls on this lot, even if it is somewhat just a ploy for more streams. 

I don’t think it’s a ploy for more streams, I think they just have lots of ideas and don’t know which ones are bad so they release them all.

25 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Mother of God this fucking smacks!!!!

Loving it - been waiting for it to be released since hearing it live 2 months ago and loving it instantly.  Little did I know at the time it would be my last gig for a long time.

Even has the trademark Sax solo 4 mins in - cheesy as fuck but just works.

10 minutes ago, Quark said:

1975 one is good, but it reminds me of something specific from the mid 80s and I can't put my finger on it. Sounds like it would fit over the end credits of a John Hughes movie. But yeah, like that.

I can hear a bit of Everybody Wants To Rule The World in the verses.

This song was the best part of the set when they toured earlier this year. It's fucking huge. It's between this and The Adults Are Talking for SOTY so far.

8 hours ago, mjh310 said:

Can someone please explain why I just can't get The 1975 no matter how hard I try 

Wouldn't overthink it dude, some things just don't click. I'm exactly the same with Lana del Ray.

And FWIW I find the 1975 hit and miss. Some of it's good, some isn't, definitely don't get the big hype.

10 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

This is really good, and thank fuck for that because I was really struggling to muster up any enthusiasm for this new album release next Friday.

Did you not like Martin? That’s a wonderful little tune imo. Not listening to this one yet because I’ve reached the three-track limit I try to keep on advance releases but glad it’s looking up after the last one.

I am wondering what’s going on with Will wearing that fucking gas mask though. I thought it was just for one press shot but it’s all of them and videos, and maybe soon live performances. Not into it.