2020 New Music

dentalplan

20 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Saw a lot of pre-release talk about this song saying it was awful, but I kinda dig it in a silly way.

Still no idea what to expect from this new album - definitely not the triumphant indie rock classic that could’ve been, but it’s gonna be interesting for sure.

Thought I was going to be disappointed, I was very wrong. Loving how different they sound. 

22 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

New Bon Iver

Season five, episode 1. He’s referred to the last four albums as Autumn, Winter, Summer, and Spring so sounds like this may be the start of his next album run rather than a one off like I expected after seeing it. 

I like it. I’ve not had much desire to go back to his last album after my first few listens through - didn’t dislike it, it just didn’t grab me all that much - but still excited for what’s coming next, even if this isn’t all that different.

35 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Season five, episode 1. He’s referred to the last four albums as Autumn, Winter, Summer, and Spring so sounds like this may be the start of his next album run rather than a one off like I expected after seeing it. 

I like it. I’ve not had much desire to go back to his last album after my first few listens through - didn’t dislike it, it just didn’t grab me all that much - but still excited for what’s coming next, even if this isn’t all that different.

Sampling a guy called Alabaster dePlume, who I remember clambering over people wearing his sax while delivering poetry at the much missed Dog & Partridge in Bolton. His ascent is a bit mad, but good for him.

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

IDLES 3rd studio album must be coming soon - they've given it out to some select fans from the AF Gang to listen. Fits in with a summer release that I heard about in December but it may be imminent! 

Yeah, the guy who Admins that AF Gang page got sent a copy and said it's coming in August.

Just catching up with Black Thought who's performed three songs from the third of his excellent 'Streams of Thought' series of EPs.

Love the first track ('Thought vs Everybody' - at the start), not sure about the second ('Yellow' - 7:50) and the third ('Nature of the Beast' - 13:45) isn't good to my ears.

On 4/20/2020 at 4:02 PM, Mattymooz said:

Im gonna have to admit that I dont really get the Fiona Apple hype... It is a good album, but I wouldnt have said it did anything particularly groundbreaking to make it deserve the 10/10s it has been getting

Add me to your list. Gave it a go, by all means thought it was fine, but redefining music a la pitchfork. I'm alright 

Edited by Mezhyp1