2020 New Music

dentalplan

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

Albums from Muzz, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, Nadine Shah and Courtney Marie Andres that day. Roll on June 5th!

I also have both Hinds and Sonic Boom in my filofax or that day.

edit: didn't see Priest's post because of the page break sorry my guy

Don't think I posted this actually. I'm definitely going to listen to the Sonic Boom album out of respect for the man and what he's done but my expectations are tempered.

Edited by dentalplan

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Saw a lot of pre-release talk about this song saying it was awful, but I kinda dig it in a silly way.

Still no idea what to expect from this new album - definitely not the triumphant indie rock classic that could’ve been, but it’s gonna be interesting for sure.

nice Eels song you've got there 

7 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Saw a lot of pre-release talk about this song saying it was awful, but I kinda dig it in a silly way.

Still no idea what to expect from this new album - definitely not the triumphant indie rock classic that could’ve been, but it’s gonna be interesting for sure.

A lak it a lot

RL covering the The Pogues. Just works.

For all those who’ve spent the last four weeks trapped in a daydream of the first night After This, whenever or wherever that may be. Now that even the aimless midweek three-pinters glimmer in the imagination like Sicilian wedding discos, we thought we’d get this song to you. It’s not ours but it’s one we’ve loved for a long time, a bittersweet torch song about the rain and nights out and fragile friendship and the city we call home. If you’re gonna steal someone’s shoes, make sure they fit you first.

We decided to cover ‘A Rainy Night In Soho’ ahead of our Lockdown Livestream five weeks ago, shortly before the idea of being trapped indoors for ages lost what little lustre it had and life became a really boring film where you might die if you pick up the wrong lettuce in Aldi.

Lock the world away behind a window, though, and maybe you’ll start longing for it again, in that real way you did before your eyes glazed over and you started assuming everyone new you met was a waste of time. This is dedicated to all those who peer at the skyline, the abandoned bus routes and old photos and long for that Soho we knew of drunks pushing each other by the lips into doorways, of cutting about at twilight with a loose motive and mild sunburn, of secrets unfolding behind stained glass, of smut, of noise and of euphoric smokers clogging up pavements.

All the best songs sound like longing. Now every day is full of it.

See you on the other side, After This.

Yours always,

Kevin + Patrick

🤝

19 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Pitchfork have given Fiona Apple’s new album a perfect 10. That’s their first 10 in 10 years!

I am so excited to listen! 

FWIW it also got 5/5 reviews from The Independent, The Telegraph and The Times!! 

Just started my first listen of it now. 

3 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Whats the best place to start with Fiona Apple? I know The Idler Wheel was great and has been on my to listen list for a while - should I just jump into the new album or go back to that first?

I’d jump straight into the new one and then go back through her discography - starting with Idler Wheel and When the Pawn - if you like the latest one!