2020 New Music

dentalplan

17 hours ago, st dan said:

Really can’t get enough of the Mystery Jets album. Criminally underrated band, who get lumped in with the ‘indie landfill’ generation. 

Totally agree - perfect album for these times. Absolutely loved their last offering too and remember being shocked when it appeared in approximately zero end of year lists 

On 4/9/2020 at 2:30 PM, the wonderwhy said:

Absolutely not the right thread for this  but I couldn't find a better one so...

If anyone fancies discovering something completely new during lockdown, I found this website this morning which is an absolute goldmine. You pick a country and an era, then it cycles through loads of crowd-sourced recommendations. They've also got some pre-made playlists if you'd rather go down that route. Had some great fun on it this morning. 

https://radiooooo.com/

Nice, just giving a test, a couple of early bangers in 1970s Sweden, very promising.

Tried the Yves Tumor album today. Can't put my finger on why but it just hasn't clicked for me. Not bad, just.....there. Might be that I need a bit more oomph at the start of the working week so I'll give it another spin later this week and see if it was a mood thing, but didn't even make it to the end as it was just boring me!

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Heard from someone well connected a one direction reunion is coinciding with a performance on the X Factor this year. So I reckon that should count someone like Harry styles out of playing for a while.

His solo tour is running into April next year now at least because of delays so I wouldn't rule him out yet.

25 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

His solo tour is running into April next year now at least because of delays so I wouldn't rule him out yet.

I wonder if they will use the show to announce a reunion and schedule a tour for summer 2021. Letting Harry finish his dates first.

14 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I could definitely see a One Direction reunion without Harry. His solo career is popping right now in a way that none of the others are.

Supposedly it’s all members.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Nothing to rival his One Direction success though.

My guess is it will be a short reunion for a few shows but they will keep their solo projects going.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Supposedly it’s all members.

My guess is it will be a short reunion for a few shows but they will keep their solo projects going.

Yep even Zayn and nobody expected that. I'd absolutely love 1D playing a fest like glasto (doubt they would) but at their own show with the screaming fans? I'd have to pass on that

As for new music singer of dance monkey has put this out. I think her voice is great but could she just be a one hit wonder? Admittedly her last song has over 100m streams on spotify so probably not what would be called a one hit wonder but I'm rambling

10 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

As for new music singer of dance monkey has put this out. I think her voice is great but could she just be a one hit wonder? Admittedly her last song has over 100m streams on spotify so probably not what would be called a one hit wonder but I'm rambling

Sound like a cross between her first song and this to me. 

46 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Put 2 headphones in and listen to this (doesn't work out of a speaker)

I like that 8D Billie Eilish track (i'll see if I can find and link it).

That 8D shit makes the inside of my head itchy.

Like someone walking round your house from room to room carrying a speaker playing directly into your brain.

Was tempted to let my octogenarian dad have a listen but he's still getting to grips with the technological marvel that is facetime.

15 minutes ago, Woffy said:

I like that 8D Billie Eilish track (i'll see if I can find and link it).

That 8D shit makes the inside of my head itchy.

Like someone walking round your house from room to room carrying a speaker playing directly into your brain.

Was tempted to let my octogenarian dad have a listen but he's still getting to grips with the technological marvel that is facetime.

That one? If not that one's awesome anyway

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

This is wonderful. I'm guessing you're more receptive to Julian Plenti's Paul's solo/collaborative stuff than I am but this time I think it's shaping up to be properly legit. Album June 5th!

I pretended to like his rap album for a few minutes which probably makes me his biggest fan.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

This is wonderful. I'm guessing you're more receptive to Julian Plenti's Paul's solo/collaborative stuff than I am but this time I think it's shaping up to be properly legit. Album June 5th!

Albums from Muzz, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, Nadine Shah and Courtney Marie Andres that day. Roll on June 5th!