2020 New Music

dentalplan

1 hour ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Can I add Brooke Bentham, TORRES and Beach Bunny to this list?!

13 minutes ago, HeyPorter said:

They’ll be put on my list to get to now too. 

Meant to say that if you like Beach Bunny you should (if you haven't already) check out The Beths and Mammoth Penguins, possibly Sacred Paws

Great weekend of new releases.

Yves Tumor album is fantastic. Pigsx7 is more of the same of their last album which is fine by me. Thundercat album slaps as expected. TOPS album is full of great pop songs.

Two releases that took me by surprise were Peach Pit who I’ve never really listened to before but the new album is great, and Empress Of whose last album I wasn’t very fond of but this new’un is all pop bangers. Big fan. 

New Thundercat just wasn't for me. Loved Drunk but the new one just meandered around some nice ideas without really going anywhere, took 4 tracks to finally get going. Loved that track though tbf, think Childish Gambino featured on it. 

Yves Tumor gets better with every listen though, it does lose a bit of fire towards the end but the start of it goes off, hard to keep up that level for a whole album.

1 hour ago, thrillhouse188 said:

Out of them all this Empty Country record is sticking out, really liking that one

Glad to see somebody else digging that album - has grown on me more and more with each listen. Was gutted that Cymbals Eat Guitars broke up but this fills the hole just fine. One of my AOTY so far.

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Glad to see somebody else digging that album - has grown on me more and more with each listen. Was gutted that Cymbals Eat Guitars broke up but this fills the hole just fine. One of my AOTY so far.

Had never heard of them before so will have to check them out! Absolutely pushing Porridge Radio for my AOTY so far

3 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

There’s a new Beths album coming in July- presumably we’ll get a single soon. 

Yup, it's coming today/tomorrow. They played acoustic version on their streaming show last night, sounded good! Album coming 10th July :)