2020 New Music

dentalplan

Plugged in to tutorial's all day today so don't think I'll get a chance to do a sweep today. I'm sure I'll find some time over the coming weeks...

Glad to hear Sorry's is good. I'll probably check out The Chat's although they kinda showed everything they have with Smoko (getting the succulent chinese meal guy in their music video was joke though). Really excited to hear Little Dragon's and curious about the Skepta/Chip/Young Adz one as well. Deeper - Auto-Pain should be a good listen as well.

23 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Do you think Dua will return to headline the other stage? It probably didn’t feel like it but she’s such a big artist now I don’t know whether they could get away with it again.

Doubt it .. she’s Pyramid headliner material now. Sure she’ll be in contention in the coming years.    

24 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Jings, that album must be good eh. 

It’s very good, but thinking more in the fact that she is a young, British, female (if that is actually still of any relevance) artist that is at the top of her game, and a leading artist in her genre - not sure anybody out there is making pop music at consistent high levels as she is. She also has enough well known chart hits to pull it off. 

Would have thought she would have been everything Emily is looking at in the future. 

2 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Really enjoyed Dua Lipa's new one, very solid album. Currently listening to Melt Yourself Down's new album which I'm really enjoying, going by the above posts I'll have quite a busy afternoon too!

Melt Yourself Down's new one is ace kept me going on my daily run despite being horribly unfit.

The Dua album is a BOP.

She's seamlessly mashed together the sounds of women before her, some real Diana 70s, Bonnie 80s, Dannii/Kylie 90s and 00s pop,  and created something really fresh.

Love it - and agree, she's touring Jan 2021 now but we may be looking at a 21/22 headliner now.

4 hours ago, st dan said:

Doubt it .. she’s Pyramid headliner material now. Sure she’ll be in contention in the coming years.    

She’s undoubtedly bigger than Stormzy was at the time he headlined.

I think if they can’t get one of the 2020 headliners back they should get her to do it. Do we really need Arctic Monkeys to headline again?

Edited by Matt42

48 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

She’s undoubtedly bigger than Stormzy was at the time he headlined.

I think if they can’t get one of the 2020 headliners back they should get her to do it. Do we really need Arctic Monkeys to headline again?

I can't see it happening. In my mind, they'll be offering Kendrick, Macca and Swift headline slots next year. If any of them can't do it then it's surely gonna be those that were pencilled in that get called up next. Dua would be pretty low down on the list I think.

I'm sure she'll be there next year, either in the slot she was meant to play this year or subbing the Pyramid.

5 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I can't see it happening. In my mind, they'll be offering Kendrick, Macca and Swift headline slots next year. If any of them can't do it then it's surely gonna be those that were pencilled in that get called up next. Dua would be pretty low down on the list I think.

I'm sure she'll be there next year, either in the slot she was meant to play this year or subbing the Pyramid.

I agree but things can change. You never know, the three they had pencilled in might be changing their touring plans too. One of the three pencilled in could be an act with other touring commitments this year.

2021 is totally up in the air (obviously). 

Edited by Matt42

On 3/26/2020 at 10:49 AM, SwedgeAntilles said:

Would agree with lots of what FloorFiller and lessthanwill1 have suggested but would also recommend Cornershop and Baxter Dury

That Baxter Dury album's bloody good as well, never listened to him before.