2020 New Music

dentalplan

18 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

New from the excellent Squid:

This is fucking great. Would have sounded great on Saturday, here's hoping their September postponement isn't in fact ambitious...

EDIT: Production credit to the one and only Dan Carey once again, the man is on fire.

Edited by priest17

2 hours ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

That new Run the jewels track is class. Done a lot of hours on RTJ3 and looks like I’ll be putting a lot into RTJ4 at this rate. 

RTJ2, RTJ3, RTJ. I'd say the current order is with the two tracks from RTJ4 suggesting it has a chance at the top spot, although that might just be new music hype.

I've missed so much new music recently, need to get on the RTJ hype ASAP.

Can anybody send me some things to listen to that may have passed me by?

Been digging the Four Tet, Caribou, Bombay BC, Disclosure, Tame Impala and The Big Moon releases so far this year.

What do my ears need to hear? 

25 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Been digging the Four Tet, Caribou, Bombay BC, Disclosure, Tame Impala and The Big Moon releases so far this year.

Soccer Mommy, The Orielles, Real Estate, Empty Country, Grimes, King Krule, Against All Logic are a few recent ones that spring to mind 

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

My favourites albums other than the ones you’ve mentioned: Brooke Bentham, Dan Deacon, Bonny Light Horseman, TORRES, Porridge Radio, Beach Bunny and Agnes Obel. 

In terms of singles: Squid, Car Seat Headrest, Perfume Genius, Waxahatchee, Yves Tumour, Kelly Lee Owens, TOPS and BC Camplight have been releasing some great stuff with new albums imminent. 

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

Would agree with lots of what FloorFiller and lessthanwill1 have suggested but would also recommend Cornershop and Baxter Dury

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

Check out Pitcish Trail. He had a new album out recently that got my attention but Future Echoes and Secret Soundz might be even better