2020 New Music

dentalplan

Loving Four Tet and Porridge Radio. It feels like I've been waiting a while for something to really grab me and 3 have come along like busses.

I think Thumb World by Pictish Trail is relatively new but certainly new to me and a lovely listen today (wont embed nicely for some reason):

https://open.spotify.com/album/5Ez3h9TwQjuX2tnd4dJheE

8 hours ago, priest17 said:

Decent song, I think it's lovely, not sure it'll go down great here. I think the lighting in the video is fantastic but I dunno of this is the forum for that

Yeah cracking vid. Half-decent pop song, but for the Avalanches I have to say I'm disappointed.

I guess we're back to this being the most important thread on eFests for the next 6 months...

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

I guess we're back to this being the most important thread on eFests for the next 6 months...

It's where the coolest of the cool kids have been hanging anyways :D

So I've started using this last week to catch up on the albums I've not got round to yet.

The Lathums - Fight On EP - like this one, only a 4 song EP.  Title track is definitely the highlight, but be interesting to see what else they come up with this year.  

The Districts - You Know I'm Not Going Anywhere - never listened to them before, quite like this one.  Pretty chilled, not groundbreaking but I like.

Yumi Zouma - Truth Or Consequences - love this one.  They'd gone off my radar for a while, good to see them back.  Very Shura / Anteros vibe.

Disclosure - Ecstacy EP - yep pretty good, liking the afrobeat sound.

Nova Twins - Vortex - another one I'm loving.  Great noise, reminds me of something I can't quite put my finger on. Maybe L7?

Franc Moody - Dream In Colour - third one for the loving it pile.  Great grooves.

This popped up on my Twitter feed as a recommendation from a band I follow. Never heard of them but really like this. Not world changing but really nice slightly jangly guitar noise. Think might be worth a punt if you like stuff like The Beths.

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

Just heard this browsing on Kingdom Leaks

This is great, will be giving the rest of the EP a listen later.

So far I've listened to James Righton's album, which was better than I expected, and Moaning's new album, which is fairly standard post-punk, but I doubt I'll be coming back to either too often.

17 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Empty Country (singer of Cymbals Eat Guitars) album out today which I’m very excited about giving a listen, as well as the above ^^^

Also, ahem, Morrissey, which I’m sure I’ll give a cursory listen at some point.

*whispers* I liked the single