2020 New Music

dentalplan

3 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I see Scarlxrd and raise you Buckethead. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckethead_discography

Jesus, I get he's a good guitarists but he must hit record every time he picks up a guitar. Looking forward to the buckethead collection released on vinyl complete with shipping container for storage

Brooke Bentham’s debut came out yesterday. Hadn’t heard of her before but was drawn in as the album artwork reminded me of And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside-Out.

Sounds amazing. Kind of like if Phoebe Bridgers had a more of a rockier/grungy sound. 

Favourites are Control, Perform for You and Keep it Near. 

https://open.spotify.com/album/547Jms0ZZUEGPecYHTtLB6?si=E0YcJtK0RdWVCY_m3OiP7A

I can't get into that Caribou album. It feels a bit like an album that's been divided into 52 sections, allocated to a pack of cards, and shuffled just once. 

There's lovely sections in it, but as soon as any sort of flow is created (or restored) then a jarring layer smashes through. But these interruptions are infrequent enough to lull me into some sort of illusion.

I think it might be good, but just not what I want from it. 

Home is lovely though.

On 2/28/2020 at 2:28 PM, priest17 said:

Gorillaz's last 2 songs have been their best in 10 years 

Nice tune but not a patch on The Bobby Womack stuff like Stylo. I guess it doesn't help that I hate vocals in French. I have to switch the radio off when Christine and the Queens come on.