2020 New Music

dentalplan

7 hours ago, Quark said:

New Holy Moly and the Crackers out today.  I'm never sure about sharing their stuff as they're definitely one of those bands where the recorded versions don't do them justice.  So much better live. But this is still pretty good.

@Rumblestripe @sirjonnyp

Hmmm, not sure what I make of that, at least yet... As you say, hopefully it sounds better live.

On 2/15/2020 at 2:05 PM, zeppelin said:

My friend turned me onto this album yesterday and I'm really enjoying it! 

Bio from their Facebook:

"You need more DRAMA in your life. The Chicago-based duo of Na’el Shehade and Via Rosa conjure an alluring brew of R&B and dance music. Heartbreak never sounded so blissful, and contemporary electronic music rarely sounds so sumptuously melancholic." 

Been listening to this tonight, great recommendation. Never heard of them before and loving this

Bit of a cheat as this actually came out last year, but I only discovered them as a support act this week.  So I'm sticking it up :P

Described as for fans of Tubeway Army & Talking Heads.

Ditto with these lads, although not what they sound like.

There really are some cracking bands knocking around Brighton at the moment

Edited by Quark

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

terrible was the wrong word. 'Disappointing' would have been much better.

I'm very much whelmed by it. Have they moved completely away from the plunderphonics? This just seems like it's been produced from scratch in the studio. I know Wildflower was a departure in sound but it still felt entirely like a patchwork of samples and oddities stitched together to make a new song. This just seems, well, the same as everyone else?