2020 New Music

dentalplan

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Another NFFG (Not Fit For Glasto) act but loving the new album from Kvelertak:

Thought this was good but not as big of a fan of the new vocalist as the old’un (who I only realised had left after hearing this album and wondering why something was off). Need to give it a few more listens though to form a proper opinion. 

My friend turned me onto this album yesterday and I'm really enjoying it! 

Bio from their Facebook:

"You need more DRAMA in your life. The Chicago-based duo of Na’el Shehade and Via Rosa conjure an alluring brew of R&B and dance music. Heartbreak never sounded so blissful, and contemporary electronic music rarely sounds so sumptuously melancholic." 

Edited by zeppelin
Added bio
  • Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

My friend turned me onto this album yesterday and I'm really enjoying it! 

Bio from their Facebook:

"You need more DRAMA in your life. The Chicago-based duo of Na’el Shehade and Via Rosa conjure an alluring brew of R&B and dance music. Heartbreak never sounded so blissful, and contemporary electronic music rarely sounds so sumptuously melancholic." 

Sounds right up my street!

The intro and outro to the slow rush are incredible. I do miss the guitars in this album as everything is very synth heavy, but when it’s done well it’s done really, really well. 

Can see the first and last track being the new set opener and closer too, really keen to see what they use from the new album in the setlist, and what they replace. 

Oh and Breathe Deeper is smooth!

49 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Does anyone else think Tame Impala - Tomorrow's Dust sounds a lot like Radiohead - Weird Fishes? Was just listening to the former on the way to work and realised that they're remarkably similar. 

Need to get around to listening to the slow rush, weird fishes is probably in my top 3 Radiohead tracks so will most likely love tomorrows dust!

59 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Does anyone else think Tame Impala - Tomorrow's Dust sounds a lot like Radiohead - Weird Fishes? Was just listening to the former on the way to work and realised that they're remarkably similar. 

They certainly share a prominent snare pattern but to call them similar at a song level would be doing Thom and co an injustice!

5 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

Adele confirmed new music this year, she could certainly tick the box of significant surprise on the farm too but I guess that convo is for another thread.

I know it will be good. She doesn’t have a bad album and she takes her time with her releases. I think 25 was a fantastic sequel to 21. 

3 hours ago, Damon said:

Need to get around to listening to the slow rush, weird fishes is probably in my top 3 Radiohead tracks so will most likely love tomorrows dust!

I’ve just wacked it on today and I’m really enjoying it. Haven’t got round to it this weekend but I must admit it’s not as slow as some say it is.

Also weird fishes is one of my favourite Radiohead tunes so we will see!

Edited by Matt42

21 hours ago, Radiopaste said:

New Sports Team song is pretty good. Saw them last year at WG as recommended by someone on here. Hoping they're at Glasto again this year!

How did you manage to stay in the William's Green tent when it was that hot!? I really wanted to see them but couldn't stick it haha