2020 New Music

dentalplan

1 hour ago, Quark said:

You are absolutely on a roll. Never heard of these but you had me with the Alvvays and Beths comparison, which is spot on by the way.

2 mins into the first track and I'm hooked. Cap doffed :hi:

Haha glad you like it! Definitely check out some of their old songs if you’re interested. Painkiller is my favourite of theirs. 

16 minutes ago, zero000 said:

I’ll put my hand up here. I really like patience. I’m a sucker for some piano chords. 

I didn't really listen to many of the singles leading up to the album but I definitely prefer Patience to Borderline. Only gave the album one listen so far but nothing really grabbed me, as others have said it basically ended up being background music. 

I've also been listening to Tennis and Bambara's new albums. The Tennis one is quite good, with Runner being the clear highlight for me. Bambara's is really good though, well worth a listen for anyone who likes Let Love In era Nick Cave.

47 minutes ago, fat_man_joe said:

Totally! Been following Kojey for a few years now. He's a fantastic lyricist and a really nice guy. I fell in love with this performance below:

Thanks for this! I'll definitely try and catch him!

1 hour ago, priest17 said:

Had it in my head King Krule's new album came out today, I'm a week early. Bummer.

Can anyone else not get away with them? Every time I listen I think I'll give them a chance, but I just can't understand the hype!

37 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Do albums not leak any more? This place used to be littered with discussion of leaks but seems to have dried up (lol) last couple of years. Or do people just not bother? 

Yeah they still leak, Soccer Mommy's is out there for instance. New Found Glory's due out in may leaked the other day. Personally I've stopped getting the leaks in an effort to stop pirating everything, the website I use has a great release calender though so I keep going on it.

46 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Do albums not leak any more? This place used to be littered with discussion of leaks but seems to have dried up (lol) last couple of years. Or do people just not bother? 

Sure gramps. I'll 'download' the 'mp3s' of the 'album' and 'sync' them to my 'iPod'

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Sure gramps. I'll 'download' the 'mp3s' of the 'album' and 'sync' them to my 'iPod'

Exactly this. Held on to my iPod for as long as possible, but the moment it went kaput I stopped bothering with leaks and just wait like everybody else. 

Liked the the Tame album more than I expected after seeing those posts here. That Breathe Deeper tune I like a lot. Still, been saying this for a while but the more pop music they get the more apparent it becomes that Kevin Parker is an uncharismatic void of a frontman whose songs would benefit hugely from a singer who could actually perform them. 

Elephant Stone's new LP was released today! Psych-rock from Montréal with one of the greatest Sitar players in the world (Rishi Dhir).

A lot of great songs, but this is my favorite:

PS: they have a gig tonight in London, and tomorrow in Paris.

PS2: thank you for whoever recommended Jockstrap - Acid! Love it!

1 hour ago, the wonderwhy said:

Honestly I dont really have time tbh, just keeping up with the good new stuff that is coming out us tricky enough (especially when I like to give albums 3-5 listens before forming an opinion)

1 hour ago, the wonderwhy said:

In the same boat as Mattymooz.  There's enough stuff coming out to keep me entertained without feeling the need to listen to something 2 weeks early!

21 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Bambara's is really good though, well worth a listen for anyone who likes Let Love In era Nick Cave.

I do like it but I’m in one of those places where I hammered one song (Serafina) for months and it now towers over the rest of the album. I’ll keep getting to grips with it though. Definitely one for fans of Iceage and Protomartyr.

17 hours ago, Balls said:

Kevin Parker is an uncharismatic void of a frontman

Given that this is true, the whole “One year! Four seasons! One reason! One way!” thing was utterly baffling.