2020 New Music

dentalplan

13 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Absolutely love it, can't wait for the album.

Feeling 99.9% they're going to be there (although I'd want a Tom solo set, but I don't think we're going to get it. Maybe a DJ set?)

The man has excellent taste in music so I wouldn’t be too disheartened with a DJ set, although I’d prefer it live. Seeing Yussef on those drums live would be something special 

15 minutes ago, Brad2434 said:

The man has excellent taste in music so I wouldn’t be too disheartened with a DJ set, although I’d prefer it live. Seeing Yussef on those drums live would be something special 

Sorry to be clear, I'm basically 100% certain we'll get a Tom & Yussef set.

I'm just worried it will basically be a performance of this new album, which I'm sure will be great, rather than his older stuff.

4 hours ago, Brad2434 said:

Not Glasto related, but who’s looking forward to the new Tame Impala album tomorrow? Being a massive innerspeaker fan I was disappointed with borderline & patience, but hearing clips from the listening parties i’m excited to hear the full thing. 

Count me in if it’s anything like Innerspeaker. 

Tame Impala sounds great, the production is stellar, but it was quite background-y music until the closing track which really comes into life. KP can put an album together that's for sure, but I think the synth stuff just doesn't connect with me in the way the first 2 LPs did, and that's okay.

Sort of thing I would put on hanging out with my mates and having a few beers you know, doesn't need much concentration.

It’s a shame Tame Impala have gone so bland, but I’ll forgive Kev when he says such nice things about Glasto:

“It’s utopia,” Parker declared. ”I’ve never been to a place on Earth where there are more universal good vibes. Even if you’re not wasted.

”You’re equally likely to see kids walking down the mud path off their heads as you are parents pushing a pram. Everyone is included, and that’s not the case with all festivals.”

https://www.nme.com/news/music/tame-impalas-kevin-parker-we-made-no-money-when-we-headlined-coachella-in-2019-2602880

2 hours ago, HeyPorter said:

It’s the most beautifully produced elevator music that I’ve ever heard. 

54 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

New Tame Impala starts well and ends well and then there are apparently ten more songs in between.

26 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Love to concoct an hour-long Phil Collins-tastic soft rock opus and then forget to write any songs for it. 

Will listen to it at work, but already reckon these reviews will be better than the actual album :lol:

Been excited for this for a while - Beach Bunny’s debut is now out. They’ve been going for quite a while now and have released a number of brilliant EPs - they’ve got a really big following already (particularly in the US). 

If you’re into bands like Alvvays and The Beths then you’ll probably like this - though it is slightly more on the poppier side of both those bands. 

EDIT: The link I posted was definitely for Beach Bunny but looks like it keeps changing??

Edited by lessthanwill1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Been excited for this for a while - Beach Bunny’s debut is now out. They’ve been going for quite a while now and have released a number of brilliant EPs - they’ve got a really big following already (particularly in the US). 

If you’re into bands like Alvvays and The Beths then you’ll probably like this - though it is slightly more on the poppier side of both those bands. 

EDIT: The link I posted was definitely for Beach Bunny but looks like it keeps changing??

You are absolutely on a roll. Never heard of these but you had me with the Alvvays and Beths comparison, which is spot on by the way.

2 mins into the first track and I'm hooked. Cap doffed :hi:

5 hours ago, Tuna said:

Tame Impala sounds great, the production is stellar, but it was quite background-y music until the closing track which really comes into life. KP can put an album together that's for sure, but I think the synth stuff just doesn't connect with me in the way the first 2 LPs did, and that's okay.

Sort of thing I would put on hanging out with my mates and having a few beers you know, doesn't need much concentration.

Perfect review. Absolutely spot on. 

5 hours ago, Tuna said:

Couldn’t have put it better myself