2020 New Music

dentalplan

13 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Hamilton Leithauser has a new album coming out soon. Could be Friday, unless it's just the 1st single then:

I really liked his first one, although as time went on I made it less and less through the album and I basically only listen to the first song now (which is top draw to be fair). Maybe new music will reinvigorate my enjoyment of him.

37 minutes ago, priest17 said:

New Hinds album April 3rd. They have their detractors I love em though. They could forecast rain for every second of the weekend and these guys would bring out the sun for 40 minutes 

Hinds are awesome and the two songs from this new album have been great and a nice change of pace for them.

5 hours ago, eastynh said:

Anyone know whats happened to Hurts? 

They had two great albums and then served up two poor ones.

They just seem to have dropped off the face of the earth though. I was hoping for new stuff from them this year.

I've been thinking for a while that a 10 year anniversary tour of the first album is very likely for 2020. I would be all over it, as uncool as that is lol.

4 minutes ago, Odessa said:

I've been thinking for a while that a 10 year anniversary tour of the first album is very likely for 2020. I would be all over it, as uncool as that is lol.

Would you not rather have them make some new stuff? I reckon they have more in the tank. They tried mixing things up a bit too much on the last 2 albums and it affected the quality of the songs. Plus they did not feel coherent like the first two did.

Either way they have just disappeared off the face of the earth,

19 hours ago, priest17 said:

Dream. I'm not gonna lie I didn't even know Black Hours existed ahah, I always just go on the Hamilton Leithauser + Rostam artist page on spotify.

I can't imagine that album becoming hard to get through, it was AOTY for me and in the AOTD conversation too!

Anyway, a small update about the new release. Apparently the album is called The Love of Your Life, so the release on Friday appears to be a single, "Here They Come". Looking forward to it.