2020 New Music

dentalplan

9 minutes ago, Neondrift said:

Managed to talk to the guitarist of Do Nothing & ask the big question at their show tonight. He said they're really desperate to play but still haven't yet been asked.. 

Have they considering Doing Something and asking?

• Like 1

Slightly off topic but thought people in here are more likely to appreciate this than elsewhere.

A mate of mine was replacing his stylus recently, and his other half works in a lab so took new and old in to compare under the microscope:

Old one:62336832_old1.thumb.jpg.86f23adcd5bf46fe9b4aaa4f6d6c28be.jpg687184688_old2.thumb.jpg.ccd206837e38c998baf549b157d5e8ca.jpg

Which doesn't look bad until compared to the new one:

569174488_new1.thumb.jpg.f54c867eeca4a2b0ee95bd4e184b42df.jpg 

• Upvote 2

On 1/24/2020 at 9:50 AM, Superunknown said:

Idk I quite liked it. Literally didn't sound at all like Phoenix but was a catchy techno tune. Was called Spend Ya Money if you were curious

Had to dig this out - there's a reason it didn't sound like Phoenix. Mainly that it's not Phoenix 😂

It's a DJ also called Phoenix, looks like Spotify have lumped this in on the same artist page :D

Having a run through and picking up the stuff on here I'd not got round to adding from my playlist. Have to say there's been a lot of stuff grabbing my attention, a really strong start to the year!

Caribou track is great, stoked for the album when it comes.

@FuzzyDunlop I didn't think the chorus on NGHFB track stuck out that much tbh. Was expecting it to be a bit jarring from your description, but I quite like.  The more I hear from Noel the more I think he's definitely the brother going in more interesting directions, and have to say I wouldn't be averse to watching him if it's right place right time.

Quite a few I've not heard of before but really enjoying them all.  Andy Shauf (@hillwalker), Local H (@Mouseboy11), En Attendant Ana (@kingcrawler), Kiwi Jr. (@Fish Bulb), Phoebe Green (@zeppelin) and Porter Robinson (@Mattymooz) all going to be getting further listening based on these little snippets.

As always, love this place for recommendations :)

EDIT: add the OTHERLiiNE and Calvin Harris tracks to that lot. Thought I'd like the George Fitzgerald project, but surprised by how much I enjoyed the Calvin Harris track

Edited by Quark