2020 New Music

dentalplan

On 1/17/2020 at 11:04 PM, Odessa said:

I've never really listened to Algiers properly, but I've just bought a ticket to see them before I got to the end of my first listen of There Is No Year. It's goooooood.

It's ace isn't it? And I'd say they're even better live! I have a spare ticket but my Glasgow gig buddies all hate them for some reason and won't come 😞

Their loss, frankly. 

5 hours ago, kalifire said:

I'm just realising how true that is, listening to Manic. She's great, isn't she?

She certainly is. The album is an absolute sucker punch. Definitely her best yet... 929 at the end 🥺 I've got tickets for Manchester in March. Cannot wait!

2 hours ago, priest17 said:

New Alexisonfire is basically a BeeGees song. Well not really, but it is great.

Was just wondering over the weekend whether they were gonna release any more new material after those couple of songs last year. Pretty different vibe than we're used to from them but this is great.

45 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Was just wondering over the weekend whether they were gonna release any more new material after those couple of songs last year. Pretty different vibe than we're used to from them but this is great.

Its been a bit of an odd reunion, just releasing the odd song and doing the odd show here and there, I'm not complaining though, happy to have them back. Watching the House Of Strombo show on YouTube has made me really want to see them again so I'm hoping they keep at it and eventually do a UK tour, I miss em. Still got the cig packet that Dallas Green refused to sign knocking round parents house somewhere.

2 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

The new Greenday song though... I'm a bit disappointed at myself for being disappointed. 

Not heard this new one, but I keep seeing rumours that this new album of theirs is being released to end their current label contract and a bit of a knowing self sabotage, with another 'proper' album due imminently. The songs and general theme around the album kind of lend themselves to this theory (songs are all weird, 2 minutes long and album is only 25 minutes etc)... but seems like an odd thing to do regardless, and is maybe just baseless hope from their fanbase.

It took me ages to place why that new Green Day song grates on me quite so much as it does. And it does. It also annoys me that I had to check this out as it's soiled my listening history and has probably put me on some kind of watch list.

The "Oh Yeah" chorus is straight from Gary fucking Glitter "Do You Want To Touch Me". Chords are bang on. It's been bugging me since it was released.

And amazingly, the twat still has 5,500 fans on Deezer. FFS.

In other news, I like the Courteeners album.

14 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Not heard this new one, but I keep seeing rumours that this new album of theirs is being released to end their current label contract and a bit of a knowing self sabotage, with another 'proper' album due imminently. 

I'd really like to believe that

4 minutes ago, Quark said:

It took me ages to place why that new Green Day song grates on me quite so much as it does. And it does. It also annoys me that I had to check this out as it's soiled my listening history and has probably put me on some kind of watch list.

The "Oh Yeah" chorus is straight from Gary fucking Glitter "Do You Want To Touch Me". Chords are bang on. It's been bugging me since it was released.

And amazingly, the twat still has 5,500 fans on Deezer. FFS.

In other news, I like the Courteeners album.

Not going to give Glitter the airtime but I'll take your word for it.

Courteeners might be my favourite thing out last week but it gets very Kaiser Chiefs at times which really distracts me (Heavy Jacket in particular).

Got a flight and long coach journey later and looking for some albums to download for it. Had a speed through this thread but can't see anything that stands out. Does anyone have any recommendations from the last two months or so? Please no BBC or folk. Ideally toward the rockier end. 

31 minutes ago, sirjonnyp said:

Got a flight and long coach journey later and looking for some albums to download for it. Had a speed through this thread but can't see anything that stands out. Does anyone have any recommendations from the last two months or so? Please no BBC or folk. Ideally toward the rockier end. 

Tail end of last year, Blaenavon, Michael Kiwanuka and Have A Nice Life all pretty good.

• Upvote 2