2020 New Music

dentalplan

Just now, Superunknown said:

Of Montreal have released an album too, haven't listened to it yet tho, got a lot to get through today.

Need to get on that, but they've been off the boil for a while now. Couldn't get anywhere with White Is Relic / Irrealis Mood.

Whyte Horses is out today. I love this.

If Eminem whittled that album down by about 50% and got that chip off his shoulder about any tiny bit of criticism that comes his way he'd be on to a winner there. There's some stuff in there I was surprised how much I liked but its there's so much unnecessary baggage surrounding it I doubt I'll hear any of it again.

I wasn't a big fan of Kanye's move to bringing out 25 minute albums at the time but looking back there's a host of acts that would benefit from doing that.

Wanted to enjoy the Eminem album but I found myself skipping too many tracks to get through it. Maybe I'll come back to it to see if there are any diamonds in the rough.

Also wanted to enjoy BBC more than I did. It's non offensive but can't help but think it would be nice background music as opposed to anything to give too much concentration to. 

Circles by Mac Miller is everything i was hoping it would be, was a bit sceptical when i first heard they were releasing a posthumous album but after hearing the single 'Good News' the worries of it ending up like Lil Peep's or XXX's posthumous albums went away as in my opinion Peep's and XXX's were released to milk some extra cash from their deaths as the tracks seemed thrown together and rushed. Circles is a complete album almost all entirely put together by Mac himself rather than the team around him after his death and is a great contrast to Swimming but still manages to be just as good and it's a great ending to the Mac Miller discography, as it stands at the moment 'Blue World' 'Hands' and 'Good News' are my favourite tracks but that'll no doubt change with multiple listens.

6 hours ago, Superunknown said:

Of Montreal have released an album too, haven't listened to it yet tho, got a lot to get through today.

6 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Need to get on that, but they've been off the boil for a while now. Couldn't get anywhere with White Is Relic / Irrealis Mood.

And we love to hear that they're back on the boil.

No one is stronger than me on Kevin Barnes when he's wearing his Pop Bangers hat and I'm now looking at this very greatly.

2 hours ago, Dronx said:

Loving the new Courteeners album. Best they’ve done since the debut for me.

Yeah surprisingly good. Hanging Off Your Cloud is actually a really strong song, fair play. 

Enjoyed Bombay BC, think it's warranted a few more listens, some bangers in there. 

Algiers, Of Montreal, Mura Masa and Halsey to go, big day this.

Liking Eminem’s album a lot more on first listens that everything since Recovery. Darkness is a powerful song, video is good too, best thing he’s released for a long time. A lot of filler but there’s a few decent tunes in there. Darkness, Godzilla, Yah Yah, Marsh, No Regrets and I Will my biggest takeaways. Loving Black Thoughts verse.

BBC slightly underwhelming on first listen. Strategically kept it for the drive home, Let You Go was a cracking tune I thought but nothing else jumped out at me. Needs a few more listens of course but first spin nothing on SLST or ADKOF. 

Mac Miller and Courteeners albums very appeasing, and I’m not a huge fan of either. 

Interesting day of music.

• Upvote 1