2020 New Music

dentalplan

2 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Another busy day for new releases tomorrow. Is there anything else I am missing other than:

- Mura Masa
- Bombay Bicycle Club
- Holy Fuck
- Mac Miller
- Halsey
- Algeirs
- Bad Sounds

Not to mention The bloody Courteeners (!!!1!)

Didn't know Bad Sounds had one out tomorrow, that's pretty sweet. I was so pumped for Algiers when I heard Can The Sub_Bass Speak, everything since seems like it's business as usual though (which is good but I was hoping for something a bit more radical).

Anti-Flag have a new one out as well, and Raekwon has an EP that's tied in with a red bull documentary or something. Big day anyway. I'll probably spend the whole day listening to Slipknot after tonight though ahah.

9 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Another busy day for new releases tomorrow. Is there anything else I am missing other than:

- Mura Masa
- Bombay Bicycle Club
- Holy Fuck
- Mac Miller
- Halsey
- Algeirs
- Bad Sounds

Also just noticed eminem has dropped another album today, will give it a spin this morning on the drive to work

24 minutes ago, Billjames7 said:

Also just noticed eminem has dropped another album today, will give it a spin this morning on the drive to work

Still a case of largely diminishing returns, for me. Kamikaze had its moments, but I'm tired of Eminem's whiny, self-obsessed raps with Dre's shitty hip-pop beats. Yah Yah was probably the highlight, mainly for the features.

2 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Brutal!  My favourite bit has to be this

"Guests including Clairo, Tirzah and Wolf Alice’s Ellie Rowsell attempt to polish the turds they’ve been handed. Georgia bastes hers with a heartfelt topline, but the backing sounds like hold music for a multinational bank trying to be hip. Slowthai tries to dynamite his contribution with a typically rambunctious verbal display, but any explosion is snuffed out by the wet shart of the production."

Wet shart :lol:

In some ways mediocre can actually be worse than bad in some cases.  If something's bad because it's tried to do something different, or has at least showed some effort, maybe you can recognise that.  But if something is just completely and utterly....beige it can be even more offensive. 

Not heard MM  yet so don't know if that applies here, but one way of looking at it.