2020 New Music

dentalplan

On 1/13/2020 at 1:43 PM, Simpo said:

Saw Bombay Bicycle Club preview Friday's new album release yesterday at the Brudenell in Leeds. The songs are sounding really good, it feels like Everything Else Has Gone Wrong will sit well alongside their pre-break albums!

Is It Real was a standout of the unreleased ones, it's a bombastic one so it shined through the never-heard-it-before fog!

Sunday was such a good day, drinking and fun and games round Leeds with good friends, evoked the kind of nostalgia that this song goes for.

I'm a sucker for good transitions between songs, and the way they spun the outro of a new one, "Good Day" into "How Can You Swallow So Much Sleep?" was superb! Watch out for that if you're seeing them.

Hope they don't clash with headliners at Glaston (if they play), although I'd probably see them above everyone except Macca if they did. I think I'll be spending most of this year's fest with my good friend Beth and we both adore them.
Preference: Park headline (never seen a Park headliner) > Pyramid early afternoon > Other Stage late afternoon > John Peel headline.

Also they did that BBC Introducing stage slot last time as well (watch here), I'd love a bit of that again.

31 minutes ago, Simpo said:

Sunday was such a good day, drinking and fun and games round Leeds with good friends, evoked the kind of nostalgia that this song goes for.

I'm a sucker for good transitions between songs, and the way they spun the outro of a new one, "Good Day" into "How Can You Swallow So Much Sleep?" was superb! Watch out for that if you're seeing them.

Hope they don't clash with headliners at Glaston (if they play), although I'd probably see them above everyone except Macca if they did. I think I'll be spending most of this year's fest with my good friend Beth and we both adore them.
Preference: Park headline (never seen a Park headliner) > Pyramid early afternoon > Other Stage late afternoon > John Peel headline.

Also they did that BBC Introducing stage slot last time as well (watch here), I'd love a bit of that again.

Really liking the new Bombay tunes. I hold So Long See You Tomorrow in very high prestige as one of my favourite albums, I caught them touring the anniversary of I had the blues a few months back in November and the nostalgia was saddening to an extent on how many memories those tunes brought back, felt like I should have been waking up the following morning for a 10am lecture! I really like Racing Stripes from what I’ve heard so far.

Id assume that they’ll be at Glastonbury but there’s several stages and time slots they could fill. I’m sure they played a late afternoon Other slot a few years back when they were last on the farm. Sunday up against Taylor on the park would be ideal as I’m planning on Kendrick and Macca Friday Saturday, would be a lovely end to the week!

3 minutes ago, StevieGed said:

Really liking the new Bombay tunes. I hold So Long See You Tomorrow in very high prestige as one of my favourite albums, I caught them touring the anniversary of I had the blues a few months back in November and the nostalgia was saddening to an extent on how many memories those tunes brought back, felt like I should have been waking up the following morning for a 10am lecture! I really like Racing Stripes from what I’ve heard so far.

Id assume that they’ll be at Glastonbury but there’s several stages and time slots they could fill. I’m sure they played a late afternoon Other slot a few years back when they were last on the farm. Sunday up against Taylor on the park would be ideal as I’m planning on Kendrick and Macca Friday Saturday, would be a lovely end to the week!

That's my favourite of theirs too. I'd say from what I heard on Sunday EEHGW is most like that than any of the others.

1 minute ago, circus92 said:

Loving this 👍

And now listening to her other stuff for the first time - really liking it.  Thanks for the tip 😀

No worries 👍 if you've not already done so check out her "mini" album Collection. That's my favourite of hers. 

• Like 1