2020 New Music

dentalplan

Field Music's new one is great, I've got it on whilst working so some of the nuances of the post-world war 1 concept aren't really sinking in but it sounds brilliant. I've never really listened to them before, might have to go back through some of the older stuff this week.

40 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Field Music's new one is great, I've got it on whilst working so some of the nuances of the post-world war 1 concept aren't really sinking in but it sounds brilliant. I've never really listened to them before, might have to go back through some of the older stuff this week.

Just started listening to the new album, sounds right up my street. Getting a bit of a talking heads vibe.

Is this similar to the bulk of their stuff? Might have to go into their back catalog if so.

22 hours ago, Quark said:

They've popped up on my twitter feed with a Brighton gig in April.  Never heard of them so I've bookmarked them as something to check out.  What's the sound like?

Definitely channeling bands like My Chemical Romance and Misfits. I like them though, their last album had some great tunes.

11 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Definitely channeling bands like My Chemical Romance and Misfits. I like them though, their last album had some great tunes.

I had a good laugh at this band upon first seeing them thinking they were pretty ridiculous, which I guess they are, but you're right that their album has some big bangers on it, and fifteen years ago I would've been all over it.

Nothing too original, and there are certain moments on the album that remind me a LOT of other acts/songs (clearly they listen to a lot of Alkaline Trio) but I totally get why they're making waves at the moment.

9 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

New single “The Roving” from Bonny Light Horseman is amazing. 

They’re a folk “supergroup” made up of Anais Mitchell, Eric D. Johnson (The Shins/Fruit Bats) and Josh Kaufman (The National). 

The album comes out on 24 January. It will also feature Justin Vernon, Arron Dessner and The Staves (and others). 

Added to the new music playlist, good heads up.

9 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Gotta say I don't hear much in common with misfits other than distortion (unless you count post Glenn Danzig misfits, which is a little nearer, but who in their right mind counts post Glenn Danzig misfits right?). Only pointing out because if I was misfits and I saw this, I'd be offended, because this band is junk.

Saw Bombay Bicycle Club preview Friday's new album release yesterday at the Brudenell in Leeds. The songs are sounding really good, it feels like Everything Else Has Gone Wrong will sit well alongside their pre-break albums!

Is It Real was a standout of the unreleased ones, it's a bombastic one so it shined through the never-heard-it-before fog!

7 minutes ago, Simpo said:

Saw Bombay Bicycle Club preview Friday's new album release yesterday at the Brudenell in Leeds. The songs are sounding really good, it feels like Everything Else Has Gone Wrong will sit well alongside their pre-break albums!

Is It Real was a standout of the unreleased ones, it's a bombastic one so it shined through the never-heard-it-before fog!

Nice, got them doing a small gig in Brighton on Wed. How much of the set is new stuff? I've never seen or really listened to them before, so trying to get a feel for how much I'm going to stick out :lol:

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

Nice, got them doing a small gig in Brighton on Wed. How much of the set is new stuff? I've never seen or really listened to them before, so trying to get a feel for how much I'm going to stick out :lol:

It was 7 new ones, 5 old ones. It's such a treat to see them up close, I was grinning like a loon.

I'm so looking forward to hearing what their full set sounds like when they tour with The Big Moon, those are gonna be some damn good shows.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2020 at 10:31 AM, Mattymooz said:

This + Poppy + Easy Life

Its a busy week 

OK, completely passed me by until now, saw the new album pop up and you having it as one to listen to so I've got Concrete on my new music playlist.

Am I meant to be completely baffled by this?  I genuinely don't know if I like it or not yet, but I really have no idea what's going on :D

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, priest17 said:

P7gs got a new album out April 3rd, just released a new song from it. I haven't heard it yet as I don't want to scare the builders all around me but how top is this album art? Basically secured itself a pre-order on that alone

🎶 On top of spaghetti, all covered in cheese...🎶

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, priest17 said:

P7gs got a new album out April 3rd, just released a new song from it. I haven't heard it yet as I don't want to scare the builders all around me but how top is this album art? Basically secured itself a pre-order on that alone

Spoiler: it's heavy.

8 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

New US Girls album 6th March wooooooooo 

Yesss. Last album was SO good and so under appreciated. Really thought she was gonna become the next big thing after hearing it but it didn't seem to make the waves I expected. Hopefully people take notice with this new one.

58 minutes ago, Quark said:

OK, completely passed me by until now, saw the new album pop up and you having it as one to listen to so I've got Concrete on my new music playlist.

Am I meant to be completely baffled by this?  I genuinely don't know if I like it or not yet, but I really have no idea what's going on :D

Thats the exact reaction I had listening to it! Still havent made my mind up on it tbh