2020 New Music

dentalplan

Just now, maelzoid said:

Anyone following or care about BBC sound of 2020.... Historically it has very good track record of picking acts that will be huge.

Downloaded the playlist off BBC Sounds this morning but haven't listened to it yet. 

Do you get the weekly releases on 6Music Recommends?  New Music playlist gets released once a week or so, and there's regular playlists from Lauren Laverne, Lammo, Mary Anne Hobbs and Tom Ravenscroft.  All really good mixes

11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Caroline Rose is back with a jaunty January jam. Her last album was fab and the next one might be too let's see.

(The music starts at 0:59)

I came across her last one earlier today in a Spotify mix made for me, I liked it but the album cover is a blatant rip off of my fb profile picture so I didn't persue it any further.

28 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

Currently listening to the new Electric Soft Parade album Stages, it is a thing of sumptuous beauty. Would love to see these guys at The Park.

Where you finding this? Not listened to them since American Adventure but absolutely loved the first album 

3 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Where you finding this? Not listened to them since American Adventure but absolutely loved the first album 

ESP Bandcamp it's on Bandcamp. A real labour of love this one took six years to make following the death of their mother, it's a truly beautiful record, my double vinyl turned up yesterday. Highly recommended. If you haven't listened to much since AA then I'd recommend 2013's Idiots their last release, it is much jauntier in character Stages for obvious reasons, but a real banger.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

ESP Bandcamp it's on Bandcamp. A real labour of love this one took six years to make following the death of their mother, it's a truly beautiful record, my double vinyl turned up yesterday. Highly recommended. If you haven't listened to much since AA then I'd recommend 2013's Idiots their last release, it is much jauntier in character Stages for obvious reasons, but a real banger.

Cheers dog 👍

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

Just listened to that and got totally absorbed into it. Cracking tunes.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Big fan of this new Tame Impala number 

Very much reminding me of The Moment from Currents. Which is a really, really good thing. Top track, my interest has climbed since Patience/Borderline into It Might Be Time/Posthumous Forgiveness. This could be my favourite out of the 5.

Feel like Circa Waves have really dropped off.

Happy isn't very good to put it plainly and I don't see it getting much better with sad.

Much like Two door cinema club, they seem to have lost all the energy they bought to their first two records.

On the other hand, very excited to listen to the new Georgia record!

Very open to any recommendations for some smaller releases I may not know of.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Georgia album is good, although starts off so strong with the first three absolute bangers that the rest falls a little flat with it not keeping up the pace. 

Yeah, that was my first thought this morning.  it's worth another few listens, but it's far more likely that a few tracks will make it onto the year's playlist than the whole album.  Never Let You Go is an absolute belter.

Haven't got to Circa Waves or Big Moon yet

Is the new Easy Life EP worth a go? I'm not a massive fan of there's but a glowing review could swing me to give it a go.

Loved Big Moon's new one, their previous sound, although fun and enjoyable, was getting a bit stale even by the time the album came out but they've got new life here

2 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Is the new Easy Life EP worth a go? I'm not a massive fan of there's but a glowing review could swing me to give it a go.

Loved Big Moon's new one, their previous sound, although fun and enjoyable, was getting a bit stale even by the time the album came out but they've got new life here

New Easy Life EP is alright. A lot of the same they've done, not that that's a bad thing. It is nice and short though so definitely worth giving it a go if you have 15 minutes spare.