2020 New Music

dentalplan

3 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

I was going to mention that; new IDLES album later in the year could be huge. Biffy Clyro have a new album due too, which apparently goes back mode to their original sound. 

I'm so so worried it might be shit 😕

However, they did play a couple of new tracks at their recent shows, and they seemed pretty good!

Edited by Sasperella
IDLES not Biffy!

3 hours ago, Sasperella said:

However, they did play a couple of new tracks at their recent shows, and they seemed pretty good!

Oh I realised you meant IDLES. They played a new one - Grounds (?) - in Manchester that went down really well.

7 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Don’t think they’re gonna go all mainstream but could easily see this album being their most accessible yet, will definitely be one of the most hyped about records of the year. 

19 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I'm more excited than I expected for The Big Moon's new one, they all seem proper sound and have catchy enough tunes to boot. Take A Piece is propa 90s pop. I expect them in a tent come June.

Looking forward to that one as well - hope they are there in June

Just now, Quark said:

Saw them supporting The Beths, got a ticket for their own tour end of Jan :)

Wow that’s a great show. Haven’t managed to see the Beths yet. Peaness we’re supporting Kero Kero Bonito when I saw them. Hadn’t heard of them before that but they ended up being one of my favourite new discoveries of last year. The Are You Sure? EP in particular is great. 

2 hours ago, PDAD said:

Just the acoustic/stripped back version of All Mirrors ainit? I can't imagine that being an improvement but I'll be checking it out.

9 minutes ago, thrillhouse188 said:

Also wonder if new Arcade Fire might be due, hoping for a return to form after EN 

ugh

But naw they won't be releasing one this year I'm pretty sure. There hasn't been any word of new album sessions and I think 2019 was a year where they all got to do their other projects or have a break and be parents and stuff, so even if they start soon it won't be out until 2021. Their third AOTD will have to wait.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Their third AOTD will have to wait.

The Fall brought out New Facts Emerge the same day as Everything Now so that was hardly Album Of The Day.

(I really can't be arsed doing the leg work to make this joke actually work, I read it as next AOTD originally but I can't go back now)

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Wow that’s a great show. Haven’t managed to see the Beths yet. Peaness we’re supporting Kero Kero Bonito when I saw them. Hadn’t heard of them before that but they ended up being one of my favourite new discoveries of last year. The Are You Sure? EP in particular is great. 

Had the same thing when I saw them; never heard of them before but they're a great example of why I always do my best to get to a gig for the support acts. Never know what you might discover!

Anyone following or care about BBC sound of 2020.... Historically it has very good track record of picking acts that will be huge.

Personally looking forward to new stuff from Steven Wilson and Wolf Alice. 

Will get the Haim LP on the back of the great lead singles.

Springsteen (with ESB) and Pearl Jam have such massive back catalogues to contend with, I would need any new material to be really good before I get excited about it...

• Upvote 1