2020 New Music

dentalplan

Will Frank Ocean release a decade-defining new album which is essentially an audio capture of him building a cuckoo clock?

Will Grimes release an album which flops on Earth but is a hit in other galaxies?

Will Royal Blood come back from the desert having found ‘the new sound’?

Will Weezer totally embarrass themselves when we all thought they had no shame left?

All to be revealed and more in... the 2020 New Music thread!

There's a few artists I think are due a new album, partly due to how long it has been since their last one but also because I selfishly really want to hear their new stuff:

• Nick Mulvey
  • Goldfrapp
  • LCD Soundsystem
  • London Grammar
  • The War on Drugs
  • TV Girl
  • Public Service Broadcasting
  • Future Islands

Fingers crossed for at least a few of the above... Anyone know if any are likely?

8 minutes ago, HeyPorter said:

The third album from Idles could go off. Expecting Parquet Courts and hoping Arcade Fire are gonna be up to something too.  

I was going to mention that; new IDLES album later in the year could be huge. Biffy Clyro have a new album due too, which apparently goes back mode to their original sound. 

Main one for me is new Levellers album. First new material studio album for 8 years.

Also looking forward to new stuff from Dub Pistols, Georgia, Bombay Bicycle Club and Magic Gang, plus the usual recommendations from here and shedload of stuff I've never heard of!

Edited by Quark

1 hour ago, Jericode said:

Idles, Biffy and Royal Blood are probably my current Top 3 I'm waiting for.

1 hour ago, HeyPorter said:

Pre-Puzzle? That, I can get on board with. 

Yep, that's what's been mooted. Bits of the soundtrack they did (Balance, Not Symmetry) have elements of the 'old' Biffy on it, a couple of songs could have come off Infinity Land, they've said it will be quite heavy as a reaction to doing the acoustic album/tour.

33 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Yep, that's what's been mooted. Bits of the soundtrack they did (Balance, Not Symmetry) have elements of the 'old' Biffy on it, a couple of songs could have come off Infinity Land, they've said it will be quite heavy as a reaction to doing the acoustic album/tour.

To be honest I'll settle for Balance, Not Symmetry getting a CD release, I liked the album a lot.

I've got new ones from Green Day, Twin Atlantic and The 1975 all on pre-order for access to various presales, so I'm hoping those are decent.

Smaller scale, hoping for Stand Atlantic and Neck Deep to bring something new out as well.