2021 Headliners

SomeoneListeningIn

21 hours ago, hoils said:

Re. Reg; I reckon he was booked for a final hurrah on the Pyramid in 2021. Looks like his touring plans will be pushed back a year, meaning he headlines in 2022 before retiring from touring. Just a hunch. 

sounds about right to me.

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

There is more on record of Elton expressing his eagerness to play Walsall than there is of him wanting to play Glastonbury. No reason to think that the Pyramid Stage is where he'd want to sign off.

Yeah, and tally that with the fest's equality drive, and I don't think two indie rock bands and an old crooner were necessarily a lock.

Think it might well have been 1975, AM and Gaga/Madge.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

What irks me about the rumour of The 1975 headlining Glastonbury 2021 coming up over Christmas dinner was that Matt Healy, and perhaps his label's manager too, had said since Christmas about wanting to play 2020.

Is there not anything to it that they might have expected a call for 2020 if a headliner fell through?

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Is there not anything to it that they might have expected a call for 2020 if a headliner fell through?

Doubt it. If they had shows this summer and had Glastonbury in the bag for next summer then I don't see why the aim would be to move Glastonbury forward a year. And speculatively reaching out if already lined up is a bit weird.

Edited by dentalplan

I wonder if he’s not fully signed up yet, but they have an agreement that if it seems like the festival can go ahead, he will do it. So maybe not officially signed up until later in the year/early 2021 or something.

Or maybe it’s just done and dusted and 2020 has destroyed my optimism!

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Fuck it, that’s good enough for me along with Stella’s tweet last week.

We’ve just blasted through the Red and Blue vinyls so yeah, I’m definitely feeling it!

I’ll be an emotional wreck during Yesterday.

Yeeaaa i'm going to file this in the "IT'S HAPPENING!!' column.

I think the absolutely loaded lineup this year kind of diminished how personally special it will be for me to see Macca on the Pyramid. Any other year he would easily have been the act I was most excited about... by far.

Currently laying in the dark, having a Beatles binge. Feels good.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Yeeaaa i'm going to file this in the "IT'S HAPPENING!!' column.

I think the absolutely loaded lineup this year kind of diminished how personally special it will be for me to see Macca on the Pyramid. Any other year he would easily have been the act I was most excited about... by far.

Currently laying in the dark, having a Beatles binge. Feels good.

Absolutely agree here. I remember commenting back in October that there’s no chance of Kendrick, Macca and Taylor because it was so perfect for me. Macca was a dream headliner, and then Taylor was the ultimate, then Kendrick was the enormous cherry on top.

I did feel like Macca was playing second fiddle to Taylor in my mind, but yeah he’s absolutely one of the acts right there in the top tier of my wishlist. If we just have Macca from the original three, we’re still getting at least one legendary headliner.