SomeoneListeningIn

2021 Headliners

28 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I’m certainly backtracking on this line of thinking myself. The uncertainty on whether shows can be booked for next year will have probably forced larger, more well-off artists to look at returning to touring in 2022 instead. If they schedule and have to cancel, they lose money. That’s why the only announcements now are rescheduled shows from acts with dates already.

True but not many announcements happen for shows in like January onwards happen at this time in the first place, so i think tours will still be announced for 2021 just when corona has got a bit better as even for the biggest acts sales will be tough announcing at the peak of the crisis.

Not sure on this logic but would big artists lean more towards doing festivals next year as it removes a lot of the potential risk for them and shifts it to the festival organisers? Means they can still do shows but less uncertainty and hassle for them

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

True but not many announcements happen for shows in like January onwards happen at this time in the first place, so i think tours will still be announced for 2021 just when corona has got a bit better as even for the biggest acts sales will be tough announcing at the peak of the crisis.

Not sure on this logic but would big artists lean more towards doing festivals next year as it removes a lot of the potential risk for them and shifts it to the festival organisers? Means they can still do shows but less uncertainty and hassle for them

I’m talking about planning tours. Acts touring next year are going to be planning now. Would it be wise for acts to plan tours for next year right now if cancellation would be a major financial blow?

Just doing fests doesn’t help. They still have to hire staff, pay for transport and all the stuff that goes with a a tour. Cancellation would be a lot of hassle.

48 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I’m talking about planning tours. Acts touring next year are going to be planning now. Would it be wise for acts to plan tours for next year right now if cancellation would be a major financial blow?

Just doing fests doesn’t help. They still have to hire staff, pay for transport and all the stuff that goes with a a tour. Cancellation would be a lot of hassle.

Yup. This is something that needs to be considered. If we have a second wave it would be fucking stupid to plan a tour now.

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Literally no idea who this is 

This is your worst post on this entire website.

11 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

And you call yourself Matt ‘in the know’ 42. I don’t think so! 

14 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

You should know this, we were children in the mid-90s.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WhoOdyssey said:

I'm inclined to think that The 1975 won't be a headliner next year, it would be no different from Liam Gallagher doing Finsbury and subbing Glastonbury which he didn't do until the following year. 

I also think Glastonbury would be a solo UK gig with a much later in the summer headline show or even the following summer.

1 hour ago, WhoOdyssey said:

Unfortunately for anyone looking forward to this, that happens to be me 29th birthday which I'm fairly sure is many, many years away.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, IYKYK said:

This is your worst post on this entire website.

I had to reverse image search to find out who this band is. I remember them being on lineups that I used to attend but I know nothing about them.

Primavera finally cancelled. They will announce the line up at the beginning of June for the 2021 edition. 

IMG_20200511_174922.jpg

Edited by AlexOvd

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I had to reverse image search to find out who this band is. I remember them being on lineups that I used to attend but I know nothing about them.

Who was it?

7 hours ago, IYKYK said:

C1ABFB7D-63C3-4468-A797-1337212E8277.jpeg

Kaiser Chiefs?

edit: it’s Tribes.

Edited by Bisque

Are we ruling out any possible DJ’s headlining? Or are there too many options to keep them for the Other stage?

Just thinking of Calvin Harris & Martin Garrix.

3 hours ago, Bisque said:

Are we ruling out any possible DJ’s headlining? Or are there too many options to keep them for the Other stage?

Just thinking of Calvin Harris & Martin Garrix.

Seems a bit too late really. There were a couple of years in the mid 10s where it could have happened. With Calvin Harris taking headline slots at some festivals. 

However it seems to have fizzled a bit. I don’t think the demand or mass attention on djs at the moment is the same as it was back then. Things move fast.

I think the reason for this is more niche dance acts - Bicep, Solardo etc became quite mainstream, and stole some of calvins fans probably. Booking Calvin to headline has probably lost its wow factor for some.

18 hours ago, IYKYK said:

You should know this, we were children in the mid-90s.

you're still one in 2020.

On 5/11/2020 at 6:49 PM, Andy0808 v5 said:

Tribes is a blast from the past. Another band that NME hyped up just to abandon.. poor blokes.

I remember getting really into them for about two weeks in 2011. Now I can't think of a single song they did.

More importantly, when are WU LYF headlining?