2021 Headliners

Are Fleetwood touring next year? I know they were this year and i was hoping they would play glasto. I heard rumours that they wanted a arm and a leg to play , is that true or am i making things up?

If that is true, cant really respect that puts money before fans.

What about elton? Final ever tour?

3 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

Are Fleetwood touring next year? I know they were this year and i was hoping they would play glasto. I heard rumours that they wanted a arm and a leg to play , is that true or am i making things up?

If that is true, cant really respect that puts money before fans.

What about elton? Final ever tour?

Fleetwood are a no with Crowded House touring next year.

Elton was in the USA over Glastonbury weekend this year so we imagine he's probably rescheduling.

It's not particularly exciting, but the list of headliners we're looking at are almost certainly the ones announced for other European festivals. We ain't looking at Rolling Stones / Fleetwood Mac / Madonna.

Edited by jparx

17 minutes ago, jparx said:

The info is still that he's not currently signed up for next year and something about him not typically wanting to tour in June, and with more and more festivals announcing lineups, he's slowly looking less and less likely. It's not all over by any means, but Ken's info on Taylor seems to be dead on so I'm certainly leaning towards it not happening.

I'm probably clutching at straws, but surely the fact he signed up for 2020 is a sign the birthday thing isn't a huge issue? Is he missing from any festival line ups he was originally booked for? 

3 minutes ago, thrillhouse188 said:

I'm probably clutching at straws, but surely the fact he signed up for 2020 is a sign the birthday thing isn't a huge issue? Is he missing from any festival line ups he was originally booked for? 

I dunno if it was specifically a birthday thing. I think Ken's original post was just he doesn't like touring in June. His birthday being an issue seems to have been read between the lines, but I may have missed something. Certainly the logic of touring June 2020 but hating June and not touring June 2021 seems a bit weird, but Ken has such a strong track record I'm inclined to believe it no matter how strange it sounds.

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

I dunno if it was specifically a birthday thing. I think Ken's original post was just he doesn't like touring in June. His birthday being an issue seems to have been read between the lines, but I may have missed something. Certainly the logic of touring June 2020 but hating June and not touring June 2021 seems a bit weird, but Ken has such a strong track record I'm inclined to believe it no matter how strange it sounds.

Fair enough, I'll put it down as expecting him to dropout to avoid disappointment, but nothing confirmed yet!

I have a real soft spot for Florence, first Pyramid headliner at my first Glastonbury and she absolutely nailed it. Even though I've not been mad keen on much of what she's released in the intervening years I'd still be there for a return, 100%. 

I mean, look at this

Edited by SwedgeAntilles

22 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I have a real soft spot for Florence, first Pyramid headliner at my first Glastonbury and she absolutely nailed it. Even though I've not been mad keen on much of what she's released in the intervening years I'd still be there for a return, 100%.

Thought you'd been going longer than that Swedge

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I mean, look at this

Me too!

I wasn't overly bothered by the last album unfortunately, but Light of Love is one of the best things they've ever done IMO so hopefully getting back to top form.

23 minutes ago, Quark said:

Thought you'd been going longer than that Swedge

I just talk a good game. 

My crew started going in 2013, I was still at uni at the time (mature student, obvs) so couldn't afford it then. Can't remember why I didn't go in 2014 but I remember watching the CHVRCHES set on TV thinking 'definitely next year'. And so I did.

At risk of getting shot on here.. on Gaga, is she headline material?

That's a genuine question, I remember her been massive around that '09 performance. And having watched it on the recent coverage, it was some spectacle. I'm not really aware of what she's been upto in recent years, bar the film of course. Is she still as big/bigger? 

4 minutes ago, mufcok said:

That's a genuine question, I remember her been massive around that '09 performance. And having watched it on the recent coverage, it was some spectacle. I'm not really aware of what she's been upto in recent years, bar the film of course. Is she still as big/bigger? 

Not sure of the facts and figures but it felt like she got really huge after A star is born.  

7 hours ago, st dan said:

Anybody think The xx could be in with a shout? 

With a new album hopefully coming before next year, and having already headlined the Other, I think they’re due a big slot - although headlining is probably too unlikely. 

It’s unlikely as other people have said, but I’d fully support it. It would be very very risky and completely flop -  but could also be one of those mesmerizing spellbounding sets. They were fantastic in 2017. 

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Dates of Gaga's other Euro shows don't quite line up though.

Not yet. I've some people baselessly speculate that she could be added to festivals that have lost Taylor. It sounds good but remains to be seen.

15 minutes ago, mufcok said:

She's a bigger star than she was then, by some distance. She may not have had a single as back as those huge hits a decade ago (Shallow probably is right there), but she's comfortably big enough to headline Glastonbury. 

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I mean, look at this

Mine too, twas magical. I’d just been a very casual fan before and only knew her high level hits, went back through her old albums and was amazed at how much good stuff she had. Ship to wreck was also a banger leading into the festival. 

10 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Yeah, she is.

When she played in 2009 it was just as she started to become really big so she wouldn't have been a consideration then - I reckon the "peak of her fame" was probably about 2010-11 when every move she made was being reported in the tabloids / gossip web sites / etc.

She may not be as "hot" anymore purely in those terms, but I reckon that since then her appeal has widened significantly and she'd now reach a bigger and more receptive audience at the festival. A Star Is Born reached a whole load of people who'd have previously written her off as a stunt show.

4 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

It’s unlikely as other people have said, but I’d fully support it. It would be very very risky and completely flop -  but could also be one of those mesmerizing spellbounding sets. They were fantastic in 2017. 

Well, if some people don't think Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, an act that easily filled up Victoria Park, could do it, then I've got bad news for an act that wasn't even able to sell out that same festival.