9 minutes ago, sisco said:

And AM are only rumours at the mo as they haven’t announced anything at all.  I’d honestly say the most likely at present are Mumford and Sons (who were playing this year anyway) + Lady Gaga and The 1975 who we at least know are touring around that time.

Like I’ve said before, if Mumfords were even remotely likely to headline next year I don’t think they would’ve given such a blase ‘they were supposed to do a secret set’ announcement like they did this year. It was probably a one off occurrence of the band wanting to play the 50th and the festival accommodating them and now it’s been and gone. 

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When Lost Prophets man gets out of prison then yes, by all means he is legally entitled to make music and attempt to distribute and play it publicly. Of course it’s highly unlikely that he would be ab

Why? Are you in Widnes protection?

Posted Images

Just now, aj6658 said:

I thought that the headliners were gonna roll over to next year? Has anyone announced  that their not

By all accounts they were gonna try to make this happen, but some acts change plans so it wasn’t always gonna work out that way. Mad Cool have announced that Taylor isn’t coming back to their festival so seems unlikely that she’ll be at Glastonbury, and we’ve also had a bit of info that Kendrick isn’t rescheduling his European tour, so he might also be out. Just gotta keep an eye on other festivals announcing their headliners to see if any of our three pop up.

Gave Billie's album another listen.  Have to say that I think I enjoyed it more than when I've listened previously, combination of headphones and listening without interruptions.  It's certainly got a lot going for it, and I will be really interested to see what she does next.

But

Still not a musical style that would work for me as a Pyramid headliner. Again, personal opinion and nowt to do with whether she can do it or is big enough or any of that. Just boils down to what I want in my ears at 10pm on a Saturday night with many hours of partying still ahead.

Just throwing it out there, but given Emily's talk of trying to combine the 2020/1 festivals and having a lot of acts along with an apparent lack of available big names, is it possible that we could see co-headline slots? 

11 minutes ago, Quark said:

Gave Billie's album another listen.  Have to say that I think I enjoyed it more than when I've listened previously, combination of headphones and listening without interruptions.  It's certainly got a lot going for it, and I will be really interested to see what she does next.

But

Still not a musical style that would work for me as a Pyramid headliner. Again, personal opinion and nowt to do with whether she can do it or is big enough or any of that. Just boils down to what I want in my ears at 10pm on a Saturday night with many hours of partying still ahead.

I think this is it for me too. Would be absolutely delighted if she headlined, as it would be a fantastic achievement and piss off all the right people, but I don't think I'd be there personally. 

On that note (probably going to get crucified for this) I reckon I'd probably be at the Chillis if they headlined and there was no one clashing. They're embarrassing these days, but I can't pretend I wouldn't be jumping about reliving my teenage years with a bag full of socks and a bev in hand.  

Gaga is the dream though. The scenes when she brings Ariana out and they do Rain. 

Edited by Zacko
5 minutes ago, BFisherr said:

Just throwing it out there, but given Emily's talk of trying to combine the 2020/1 festivals and having a lot of acts along with an apparent lack of available big names, is it possible that we could see co-headline slots? 

Entirely possible but for me it only works as the Reading/Leeds model as each act then truly closes out the stage - if not could they have a headliner and then have a dance act do a closing set afterwards, such as George Ezra/Fatboy Slim at IOW or Stereophonics/Underworld at Latitude from last year, so you only have one headliner but then another fairly big sized dance act keeps it going into the night 

18 minutes ago, BFisherr said:

There won’t be a lack of big names but if there was they’d just give the headline slot to someone with confidence that they will do it justice, rather than apologetically saying there is more than one headliner that day.

I think this co-headliner thing is nonsense... At IOW it was Liam and Depeche Mode as co-headliners according to the poster. At the actual festival there was no ambiguity at all. Liam headlined nothing.

R+L an obvious exception if the two acts swap pole position between the two sites.

27 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

There won’t be a lack of big names but if there was they’d just give the headline slot to someone with confidence that they will do it justice, rather than apologetically saying there is more than one headliner that day.

Foals co-headlining with themselves. 

Playing part 1 and 2 of Everything Not Saved...

With interlude. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

People making the Stormzy comparison, and any act Glastonbury has given the leg up to so quickly, seem to forget that they’re UK based and so it does the local artist a huge favour in giving them the leg up and solidifies Glastonbury as THE festival to promote homegrown acts. Billie is nothing to the festival and I doubt it means anything to her either. If she’s topping the bill next year it’s as a consolation prize, not because they wanted to get in whilst she’s hot shit. It just isn’t Glastonbury’s usual m.o. to bother jumping on hype acts like her after one album, regardless of her seeming longevity. 

I agree. It’s just not happening. Gaga would be a decent replacement.

also can we get Carly Rae Jepsen please 🙏

Edited by Luigi

No hate but Billie hasn't never done it for me. From my listening of her album its a bit samey and didnt grab me.  I found that hook in "bad Guy" a bit gimmicky. Not saying shes a bad artist, clearly talented for her age.

Im surprised how many people were raving about her, didnt really know she was as popular as people were saying but looking at Spotify monthly listens, she has 40 million which is 2 and bit more than the killers and 4 times more than the 1975.

I dont think her music really suits a headline slot. I think it needs someone with more energy and a bigger back catalog ( Know stomrzy only had one album). Saw her 19 set and it better than i thought but i think one album, not British and music style are why i dont think she would suit Headline at this stage.

Guaranteed to headline in the future.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

An industry bred artist being praised for making it a lot of money and making sure it continues to do so.

Haha okay, pal.

56 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

No hate but Billie hasn't never done it for me. From my listening of her album its a bit samey and didnt grab me.  I found that hook in "bad Guy" a bit gimmicky. Not saying shes a bad artist, clearly talented for her age.

Im surprised how many people were raving about her, didnt really know she was as popular as people were saying but looking at Spotify monthly listens, she has 40 million which is 2 and bit more than the killers and 4 times more than the 1975.

I dont think her music really suits a headline slot. I think it needs someone with more energy and a bigger back catalog ( Know stomrzy only had one album). Saw her 19 set and it better than i thought but i think one album, not British and music style are why i dont think she would suit Headline at this stage.

Totally agree with you mate, it does nothing for me. She is obviously talented but no where near what I would expect of a Glastonbury headliner she needs more jumpy songs and some bright songs too, she’s a bit depressing

51 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

I agree with all of this except I do love that album. She’s certainly big enough to headline. I think she’s BBC friendly. I agree that having 1 album is a detriment, and unlike Stormzy, the other 1 album headliner, she’s not British and not representing a moment in British music/culture. I think the disadvantages listed above are counter-weighed by the uniqueness of losing 2 headliners to the corona-cancel And I believe Emily really wanting at *least* one female fronted headliner if not 2 going forward and Eilish may be the best, if not only, of the festival headline worthy choices available for next summer. (To be clear she has never stated that directly, but she’s made very strong statements about gender balance and it’s hard for me to picture her booking an all male headliner trio with such a mindset as headliners are the sort of “face” of the festival.)

My personal hope is that if this is true that she bumps the 1975 to 2022 so that it’s not 1975/McCartney/Eilish. I like Glastonbury’s recent tradition of booking a “newer” act to headlining, a legendary act and a sorta mid-career act. 2 “newer” acts to headlining does feel a little disappointing, especially in light of 2020’s booked trio. 

I think Eilish/McCartney/Gaga would be actually really exciting. And if you keep the surprise sets of Aerosmith and Mumford that feels like a massive year. But there’s really no proof of any of this, but that above would be as good as 2020, IMO. 

3 minutes ago, Sdsm123 said:

Totally agree with you mate, it does nothing for me. She is obviously talented but no where near what I would expect of a Glastonbury headliner she needs more jumpy songs and some bright songs too, she’s a bit depressing

Gah, if only Billie had as many upbeat songs as Adele...

33 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

But Adele is musically more talented, her songs are layered differently with orchestral Elements and she puts on a great show. She has 3 albums out and in my opinion is one of the biggest female artists around. Maybe in a few years Billie will build up her repertoire and have more variety in her music. I’m not saying she isn’t talented, she is, I’m just saying at the moment she hasn’t got the variety in her music to warrant a full hour and a half of a headlining slot.

• Upvote 1
49 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Adele has much more emotionally-charged songs that makes up for the slower pace and frankly more talented 

19 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Couple of good singles and the Bond tune is excellent but that's not enough to justify headlining at this stage of her career. 

What do you think about Stormzy and Coldplay headlining on one album? Arctic Monkey's second record had only been a month when they headlined if I remember correctly. Billie also has a 9 track EP and a handful of non album tracks so it is not like she doesn't have the a similar back catalogue. Interested to hear your thoughts.

7 minutes ago, jyoung said:

What do you think about Stormzy and Coldplay headlining on one album? Arctic Monkey's second record had only been a month when they headlined if I remember correctly. Billie also has a 9 track EP and a handful of non album tracks so it is not like she doesn't have the a similar back catalogue. Interested to hear your thoughts.

I wasn't a fan of Stormzy's booking at the time, but I acknowledge he knocked it out the park. 

There's definitely something to be said for taking a punt on an emerging act, but I don't necessarily think it should be something that happens every year. 

I'm not saying Billie shouldnt headline, I just think there's a lot of be said for following the paths of Adele, Sheeran and (probably) Ezra.