2021 Headliners

Billie Eilish has cancelled her entire tour after initially postponing it for next year. Seems kind of weird to me that she’s doing it now when we’ve got somewhat of a light at the end of the tunnel, but what do I know? Possible that the start date of March was still too early.

Not sure what that means for festival appearances, but she’s still rumoured for Mad Cool as far as I know so one to watch I guess.

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Cause analytics is all anyone cares about when it comes to booking festival acts it seems.

Streaming feels particularly irrelevant however when The Killers are lighting up stadiums and Dua Lipa struggles to fill the local indoor entertainment complex. Facts be that a whole lot of people who stream all day long just don’t do festivals or live music at all.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Billie Eilish has cancelled her entire tour after initially postponing it for next year. Seems kind of weird to me that she’s doing it now when we’ve got somewhat of a light at the end of the tunnel, but what do I know? Possible that the start date of March was still too early.

Not sure what that means for festival appearances, but she’s still rumoured for Mad Cool as far as I know so one to watch I guess.

Very odd. Could she be looking to do bigger venues instead? In anticipation of a new record in the Spring?

42 minutes ago, jparx said:

Very odd. Could she be looking to do bigger venues instead? In anticipation of a new record in the Spring?

Suppose venue changes + a total rebranding of the tour could be the reason if she has new material due, although she was already playing multiple nights in arenas here, and plus it’d be kind of shitty to cancel her tour only to rebook it at what would undoubtedly be a bigger cost to the fans as well as a lot of them possibly not getting tickets again considering they’ll sell out instantly.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Suppose venue changes + a total rebranding of the tour could be the reason if she has new material due, although she was already playing multiple nights in arenas here, and plus it’d be kind of shitty to cancel her tour only to rebook it at what would undoubtedly be a bigger cost to the fans as well as a lot of them possibly not getting tickets again considering they’ll sell out instantly.

Maybe she’s thinking I either do 4-5 nights at arenas or two stadium shows? 

But yeah would be a bit shitty.

7 minutes ago, jparx said:

Maybe she’s thinking I either do 4-5 nights at arenas or two stadium shows? 

But yeah would be a bit shitty.

I imagine it would also cost so much money to ditch a tour and start anew that it significantly impacts profits and makes that whole action pointless.

It's possible that the cancellation is simply something personal and not COVID related, or more likely as Floor said that March is still too soon to commit to starting touring.

7 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I imagine Wembley is in the pipeline for Billie - just a matter of when.

Who knows what’s going on lol. I guess festival commitments may be easier to rebook / reschedule later in the game than venues.

Probably not in 2021, pushing the Euros back and accommodating the 2020 acts who had shows there probably rules Wembley out for most acts next year.

13 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Streaming feels particularly irrelevant however when The Killers are lighting up stadiums and Dua Lipa struggles to fill the local indoor entertainment complex. Facts be that a whole lot of people who stream all day long just don’t do festivals or live music at all.

Theyre just burnt out on it. There isnt as much value now for a lot of things and the festival oversaturation has hit people. You either go because you enjoy the experience given by a prticular event or youre a first timer and just dont know any better. I honestly kind of wish more fests did bite the dust and it was a true reset for the market so that the promoters would somehow make more of an effort to stick out than just to play into what everyone else is doing. I mean over here you have 3 of the 5 major NA festivals ( that arent EDM ) run by one promoter so you have a ton of overlap. Just comes down to maybe a few gems in an undercard, timing and geography to make you choose, but the bulk of the poster is the same.

anyway re: billie, I dont think they wanted to go through what already happened on her last tour which had a few venue changes which really screwed over ticket holders. So we know there mightve been a few stadium dates that couldve happened but its just maybe a look ahead that rebooking the same schedule just in NA was not going to work because it starts in March and no way is anyone gonna allow it. And the likelihood that tons of agents are placing holds on arenas in the summer/fall makes it harder to navigate.

Plus yes, a new album would just certainly push for a reset and go from there. At worst billie can announce a new album 1st quarter of 2021 and release it sometime in the summer with 2022 as the target dates for tour. The fanbase could give a shit about waiting another year to see her cause lots of acts announce tours that far out. 

And it does put her into play for some one offs and such, especially the fall NA ones and she can do solo stuff in 2022 and maybe thats when Glasto also comes into the picture. She will still barely be 21 so its not as if she doesnt have a long time to do more unless there is a major career crusher on the horizon.

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

In a bit of a mooting mood tonight - do we think Lewis Capaldi will be back this year? While discussing Christmas gifts with my mum she mentioned that apparently he is releasing an album next year... Could be a shout for a pyramid sub?

Only in 2022, only if the next album is a hit. 

8 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

In a bit of a mooting mood tonight - do we think Lewis Capaldi will be back this year? While discussing Christmas gifts with my mum she mentioned that apparently he is releasing an album next year... Could be a shout for a pyramid sub?

It’s distinctly possible. He could sub without a new album, really.

11 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Why did I forget that he’s a pretty clear possibility.

14 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Lewis bringing on Baccara for a rendition of Yes Sir I Can Boogie will be a moment.