2021 Headliners

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Meh. They already played Pyramid last album and I like acts going from stage to stage.

I agree but I think Royal Blood would be good for the Sunday pyramid sub slot. If not this year but another year. 

They do like to put a ‘band’ in that slot. Vampire Weekend, Biffy Clyro, The Black Keys etc.

Hardest slot to pull off at the whole festival I reckon.

Edited by Matt42

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I agree but I think Royal Blood would be good for the Sunday pyramid sub slot. If not this year but another year. 

They do like to put a ‘band’ in that slot. Vampire Weekend, Biffy Clyro, The Black Keys etc.

Hardest slot to pull off at the whole festival I reckon.

No reason why not but I don’t think that is by design but just because most subs - and acts in general - are bands.

Kendrick, Macca & Muse

Kenny and Macca look like they'll be back, Taylor not so much.

Muse announced at a French festival a week later, Glasto apparently had discussions with them, AM and someone else. Yeah Muse are always about like when they did Werchter 2019 but to be around again, after rumours of them potentially stepping in for next year sounds positive for that to happen especially due to no Taylor news.

Dead booking, I will be elsewhere if it is them but the other two nights will be Pyramid definitely.

44 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Kendrick, Macca & Muse

Kenny and Macca look like they'll be back, Taylor not so much.

Muse announced at a French festival a week later, Glasto apparently had discussions with them, AM and someone else. Yeah Muse are always about like when they did Werchter 2019 but to be around again, after rumours of them potentially stepping in for next year sounds positive for that to happen especially due to no Taylor news.

Dead booking, I will be elsewhere if it is them but the other two nights will be Pyramid definitely.

I really, really, really can't see it.

I'm also pretty shit at predicting the line up so 🤷

49 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

They're at an Austrian festival in June as well but everybody stopped talking about them already.

23 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Why do we think Macca is looking good for a return? He doesn’t have any dates does he? Sorry, not been in here for a while (and can’t see anything last few pages).

I think mainly because he was only touring in 2020 specifically as a warm up for Glastonbury, so it’s assumed he would be willing to return. A few of the Macca clan posted tenuous things as well e.g Stella along the lines of (can’t find exact quote) hope to see you there next year dad.

He obviously has a new record so it could change the equation slightly in terms of touring plans.

• Upvote 1

On 12/1/2020 at 2:14 AM, Hugh Jass said:

Personally I think the silence regarding Taylor is deafening, there’s still plenty of time for things to change, but the lack of info regarding European dates is telling. It would be fair to assume that if she’s doing Glasto then she’ll do BST again. BST are announcing and if they do indeed have Taylor Swift booked then they’ll want her wrapped up and tickets on sale in time for Christmas.

I don’t think she’ll be back until 2022 myself.

21 - Kendrick, Macca, Reg/AMs

22 - George Ezra, Fleetwood Mac, Taylor.

I would put Depeche Mode on the radar in 2022/2023. If they follow their normal album  release pattern which  will be next year then its about 15 months of touring give or take. But with everything potentially pushed back especially in the u.s. then that could stretch into 2023. Theyve never done it and have a deep catalog. Def would not do a legends slot either.

8 hours ago, jparx said:

I think mainly because he was only touring in 2020 specifically as a warm up for Glastonbury, so it’s assumed he would be willing to return. A few of the Macca clan posted tenuous things as well e.g Stella along the lines of (can’t find exact quote) hope to see you there next year dad.

He obviously has a new record so it could change the equation slightly in terms of touring plans.

Thanks. So not much then.

9 hours ago, jparx said:

Pretty sure he hinted at returning in a radio interview too, saying his set was postponed not cancelled.

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Pretty sure he hinted at returning in a radio interview too, saying his set was postponed not cancelled.

Ah, nice, found it posted in here by @Jne___. It's from April. He talks about having to "cancel" gigs previously, being lined up to play Glastonbury but that's had to be "postponed" and "hopefully we can do something next year". Sounds like he's keen, or at least was back then.

£3.8B? So only around half the planet have heard of her... no chance of headlining 👀

I wouldn’t watch her, but would welcome it. Removes T-Swift from the equation; who is someone I’d have just went to see as I didn’t like what else was on offer. To someone I’ll actively avoid going to see, so takes me away from the pyramid 👊🏻