2021 Headliners

SomeoneListeningIn

I think they’ll go for a younger act to fill any vacant OS slot left by Dua if that’s what happens, and I don’t see it being Gorillaz for that reason. Something like Disclosure makes far more sense, and I’m sure there are a ton of other options, possibly even another bump up from the 2020 lineup.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

I think they’ll go for a younger act to fill any vacant OS slot left by Dua if that’s what happens, and I don’t see it being Gorillaz for that reason. 

Whilst I get that argument I think there’s an element we’re forgetting - Emily said they were already talking to some acts about 2021 way before COVID. Gorillaz seemed to announce a series of 2021 dates in a flurry mid-pandemic, which makes me think they always planned to do a 2021 festival tour.

My guess is that they were already pencilled in for Glasto prior to COVID. So it’s putting them into the right slot/a good slot that becomes vacant.

34 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Whilst I get that argument I think there’s an element we’re forgetting - Emily said they were already talking to some acts about 2021 way before COVID. Gorillaz seemed to announce a series of 2021 dates in a flurry mid-pandemic, which makes me think they always planned to do a 2021 festival tour.

My guess is that they were already pencilled in for Glasto prior to COVID. So it’s putting them into the right slot/a good slot that becomes vacant.

Easy to shift the headliners around to fit what’s needed if Dua is moved.

for instance I’d suggest moving Fatboy opposite Macca.  Then either PSB or Gorrilaz (if booked) opposite Kendrick and Dua

57 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I think they’ll go for a younger act to fill any vacant OS slot left by Dua if that’s what happens, and I don’t see it being Gorillaz for that reason. Something like Disclosure makes far more sense, and I’m sure there are a ton of other options, possibly even another bump up from the 2020 lineup.

Royal Blood and Twenty One Pilots are both around.

35 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I’m not sure if they’re big enough to headline Other but maybe Wolf Alice? We did hear that they were offered that slot in 2019 and they would fit with promoting women in headline slots which they did seem to be aiming for across the main stages this year.

They’ve dropped off the radar a little. Played Pilton Party in 2019 which is pretty much a confirmation for the following year but were conspicuously absent from the poster. They’ve been meant to be having an album ready for over a year now too (although COVID may have banjaxed that).

If they get their next album out by Spring then there’s no reason they couldn’t. Are they any smaller than Alt-J for instance?

Edited by Hugh Jass

🚨 Ken in the Rock Werchter thread says that they are talking and close to signing a huge headliner. 🚨

The clue he gave was ‘stadium sized’.

People think this is someone who has never played RW before.

CCE5BCB3-6DD5-4703-B578-250A82A80696.png

Edited by Matt42

10 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

🚨 Ken in the Rock Werchter thread says that they are talking and close to signing a huge headliner. 🚨

Was that not in relation to an act System of a Down fans would like?

More worryingly, people in the Rock Werchter thread saying Muse are being announced for a festival in France the weekend after Glastonbury.

10 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

OK OK, let's just calm down a little.

We need a list of who this could be. Is it someone who doesn't already have shows announced for next year?

2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

More worryingly, people in the Rock Werchter thread saying Muse are being announced for a festival in France the weekend after Glastonbury.

Muse played last year tho. Ken seems to hyping this up though so I doubt it will be a standard RW band.

3 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

God dammit @Matt42 he's totally talking about a SOAD alternative!

• Upvote 1